+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I change province while application in process?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi everyone,

I will be sending my application in Mid Oct in Montreal and then in about two months I will be moving to Toronto. Does anyone know what happens? Does it continue to be processed in Montreal or it gets transferred to Toronto? Do I need to prove residency in Toronto? Thanks in advance.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
It will be processed according to your new residential address, of which you are required to inform IRCC. You wont need to prove residency when you inform IRCC of the change, but they will ask for ID at your interview. In fact, they usually ask to see the IDs you used when you submitted your application. I don't know how it works if you move in between application and interview, but you might want to make copies of any ID you used before surrendering it to get a new one from your new province, I.e. drivers license and/or health card.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
You will be able to change address on-line or calling in and promptly changed to toronto address. But if you know address you will reside in toronto now you should put in. My cousin moved from montreal too while appliaction on progress to T.O and everything went seamless.