+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens during Background Check IP1 and IP2?

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any insights about what happens during Background check IP1 and IP2?

I read that IP (1) is a check for criminality and/or EE eligibility check like work and travel history.

I don't know if its true or not, wondering what happens in IP2

DuchessofCardiff

Mar 15, 2017
yawnman said:
Does anyone have any insights about what happens during Background check IP1 and IP2?

I read that IP (1) is a check for criminality and/or EE eligibility check like work and travel history.

I don't know if its true or not, wondering what happens in IP2

Hello see if this answers your question:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eapr-aor-march-2017-pool-join-here-t476598.510.html

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DuchessofCardiff said:
Hello see if this answers your question:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eapr-aor-march-2017-pool-join-here-t476598.510.html
The poster said his application never went to IP1 or IP2, he got NS->NA->PPR, ahh this is so confusing

The general trend is NS -> IP1 -> NA -> IP2 I think

madstha

May 16, 2017
AOR Date: May 15th
Medical passed: 27th june and got an email on 28th that my application has been updated, check ur application status.
BG Status on 28th June: 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' from NA.
BG Status on 29th June: 'Not applicable' and no updates since then....

Could anyone of you please tell me at which stage I am currently?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Date: May 15th
Medical passed: 27th june and got an email on 28th that my application has been updated, check ur application status.
BG Status on 28th June: 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' from NA.
BG Status on 29th June: 'Not applicable' and no updates since then....

Could anyone of you please tell me at which stage I am currently?
Ip1 completed.

ibimmer

Jun 8, 2017
Can someone please explain what exactly happens in IP1 and NA exactly?

Does passing IP1 mean all the documents are ok and there is nothing missing? What would cause rejection after IP1?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
NS is not started
Usually its NA1->IP1->NA2->IP2-> PPR
Some people get NS instead of NA1
Some people get NBG ( next step is background check) instead of IP1
Some people get IP2 wording instead of IP1 wording
Some people stay NA all the way to PPR
Its just a game of guessing where your file is lol

dsr

Jul 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
Hi Friends!

Can you pls give just one liner description of what exactly is performed during IP1 and IP2. My BGC went to NA and then again went to "In Progress". So as per the comments above, my application should be in IP2. What exactly is checked during IP2 stage? Just wondering how long it will take to get my PPR from now. Reason is that I have asked my current project release (I am working in IT) and I will be released within a month. I plan to take next assignment in Canada from my current organization and thus want to know how much more time to get PPR. When I have PPR in hand, I will be in a better position to negotiate with managers/HR to put me into Canada onsite postions. Pls suggest. Cheers !

ITA received on 19th Apr
eApr submitted on 9th June
Medicals passed on 10th July
BGC went to "Not applicable" on 20th July
BGC status changed to "In progress" on 25th July.

astra_cub

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Friends!

Can you pls give just one liner description of what exactly is performed during IP1 and IP2. My BGC went to NA and then again went to "In Progress". So as per the comments above, my application should be in IP2. What exactly is checked during IP2 stage? Just wondering how long it will take to get my PPR from now. Reason is that I have asked my current project release (I am working in IT) and I will be released within a month. I plan to take next assignment in Canada from my current organization and thus want to know how much more time to get PPR. When I have PPR in hand, I will be in a better position to negotiate with managers/HR to put me into Canada onsite postions. Pls suggest. Cheers !

ITA received on 19th Apr
Your application is indeed in IP2 stage.

IP1 --> Whether all documents asked were send ?? If yes - IP1 / R10 passed
IP2 --> Whether all sent documents make you eligible ?? If Yes - IP2 /A11.1 passed -- this is where content of your documents is evaluated

There's no fixed time for PPR , but my guess would be 10-20 days for PPR from IP2. All the best to you man !!!

dsr

Jul 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017

IP2 --> Whether all sent documents make you eligible ?? If Yes - IP2 /A11.1 passed -- this is where content of your documents is evaluated

There's no fixed time for PPR , but my guess would be 10-20 days for PPR from IP2. All the best to you man !!!
Thanks for your reply man!

sanexplorer666

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-12-2017
Hi Friends!

ITA received on 19th Apr
Curious to know did you get ppr now?

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront

when the file is transferred to local visa office, does it mean that the eligibility checking has been completed? TIA