+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after re-medical(spousal) got sent to Ottawa?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Hi!
Our previous medical expired. We received re-medial form by mail beginning of Dec. 2012. We had it done and Ottawa received it on Jan. 10, 2013. Just wondering how long it will take to hear something from our LA office?
We were told it might take 2 to 3 months???!!! Why does it take so long if all LA needs is the new medical to finalize?
Thank you and any inputs will be greatly appreciated!

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hi AW2011,

I am also waiting for the same thing but I was thinking it takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Are you sure about the time frame of 2-3 months?

Best wishes!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Dourdon said:
Hi AW2011,

I am also waiting for the same thing but I was thinking it takes from 4 to 6 weeks. Are you sure about the time frame of 2-3 months?

Best wishes!
Hello Dourdon,
After Ottawa received our re-medical, we contacted our local MP and they were told that. MP told us to contact them again if we don't hear anything by mid March. Visa office normally sets every 3 months as the next bring-forward date. For us 3 months after the date shown on the re-medical letter will be around mid March.
Not sure if you remember the answer from computergeek:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t118769.0.html;msg2056970#msg2056970
We are hoping for 4 to 6 weeks or sooner too. Still don't understand why it should take that long to re-enter a PASS onto their system?!! But then, most of the things happening during this enduring process are not meant to be understood anyway.
Hope you'll hear the good news soon.

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hello AW2011,

Thanks for the info! You know I hope to be faster because many guys in the forum have received their extension from Ottawa for about 6 weeks but I only hope :) Ottawa has gotten our medicals on 24.01.13 but the letter for re-do came on 15.01.13. In fact I remember the computergeek's answer but I don't want to be true because it is really like a half process-time. :eek:

I hope for you too and I will be happy to see when you will get the good news!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Dourdon said:
Hello AW2011,

Thanks for the info! You know I hope to be faster because many guys in the forum have received their extension from Ottawa for about 6 weeks but I only hope :) Ottawa has gotten our medicals on 24.01.13 but the letter for re-do came on 15.01.13. In fact I remember the computergeek's answer but I don't want to be true because it is really like a half process-time. :eek:

I believe the ones got the extension are those files that already went in process in Buffalo before they got transferred to Ottawa prior to June 2012. Our MP actually told us that the LA visa officer tried really hard to extend ours but couldn't. Hence the re-medical request. Our file went in process end of Nov. 2012. Like yours, it should have
been finalized if it wouldn't have been the expired medical. Hope we'll both soon receive the long-waited good news. Let's keep each other posted. Best of luck.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hey,

We didn't hear anything from Ottawa. Our MP said no work has been done on our file since last inquiry.
We applied in August 2011
Our interview was scheduled for June.19/2012.

I think you received your Medical because your file was received in May 2011.

Do you think LA will cancel our interview and we will just have to do our medicals?

Do you know the reason why they requested interview in the first place? We dont even know the reason because we never ordered notes?

Let me know please.

Thanks

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Ambber29 said:
I think you received your Medical because your file was received in May 2011.
Do you think LA will cancel our interview and we will just have to do our medicals?
Do you know the reason why they requested interview in the first place? We dont even know the reason because we never ordered notes?
Hi Ambber29!
We filed in June 2011. So yours should be reviewed right after.
There's a good chance that LA might not interview as they would base on the application you submitted not on Buffalo's
previous assessment. I hope they will waive that for you. If you order your notes, you should be able to see why Buffalo requested the interview. All the best and hope you'll hear something very soon from LA.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Dourdon said:
Hello AW2011,

Hi Dourdon,
Read 2joys posts here :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-in-june-with-buffalo-amid-its-office-closure-t106437.60.html
So their re-medical got to Ottawa around Jan. 10th 2013. They got the PPR today! Only a little bit more than a month. There's hope for us!

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hey AW2011,

It is a precious info that gives a hope at least for a week :) Thank you so much! I will keep you in touch!

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hey

Our original interview date from E Cas has disappeared
When did yours disappear

Does it mean we will hear somethig??

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
when we had to redo our medical right before everything was finalized...it took us 2-3 months (same timeline u have) to get it processed. No idea why, but just wanted to share the same experience

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Ambber29 said:
Hey

Our original interview date from E Cas has disappeared
When did yours disappear

Does it mean we will hear somethig??
I think that's a good sign.
Our date together with the old Medical Received are still in the Ecas underneath the one LA added in Nov. 2012: We have started processing your file on Nov. XX, 2012.
You should be able to hear something from them soon I presume.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
LuckyJinx said:
when we had to redo our medical right before everything was finalized...it took us 2-3 months (same timeline u have) to get it processed. No idea why, but just wanted to share the same experience
Thank you for sharing! It's good to know.

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hi AW2011,

Some news or still nothing? You said that 2joys received his PPR and he has redone the med exams approximately at the same time as you've done. So if there is some processing order and logic you might have your PPR also or...?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Dourdon said:
Hi AW2011,

Some news or still nothing? You said that 2joys received his PPR and he has redone the med exams approximately at the same time as you've done. So if there is some processing order and logic you might have your PPR also or...?
Nothing for us yet. We did contact our MP again 2 days ago and see what will come back of it. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.