+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What goes on under "Your file is under review" ????????????????

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Having sent updated documents the Ecas message was "In process". Several months later came the request for PP/RPRF/Medicals. Ecas still showed "In Process" a click on it showed " Documents received from you or an external source".

After a couple of days later,Checked on Ecas..It still showed "In Process" a click on it showed that "Your file is under review"

Can someone please tell me ..what is involved under file review. Is it the checking of documents, if all are in order as per the checklist? or Is it the background check that is been carried out? or Is it at the stage whereby the VO determines if the applicant has qualified or not, in relation to Documents submitted? Seniors comment on this,please?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
Having sent updated documents the Ecas message was "In process". Several months later came the request for PP/RPRF/Medicals. Ecas still showed "In Process" a click on it showed " Documents received from you or an external source".

After a couple of days later,Checked on Ecas..It still showed "In Process" a click on it showed that "Your file is under review"

Can someone please tell me ..what is involved under file review. Is it the checking of documents, if all are in order as per the checklist? or Is it the background check that is been carried out? or Is it at the stage whereby the VO determines if the applicant has qualified or not, in relation to Documents submitted? Seniors comment on this,please?
Back ground checks starts once the status is IN Process. And usually the VO checks the file for total points and authenticity and a brought forward date is put like a month or so and then when that date comes the VO again checks the file and the status remains In Process.

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
rocky272727 said:
Back ground checks starts once the status is IN Process. And usually the VO checks the file for total points and authenticity and a brought forward date is put like a month or so and then when that date comes the VO again checks the file and the status remains In Process.
Rocky,

When are the points determined? Is it at the documents update stage or when PP/RPRF/Medicals are requested? I have been asked to submit PP/RPRF/Medicals already. My Ecas shows..File under review. Is this the time the VO has to calculate my points?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
Rocky,

When are the points determined? Is it at the documents update stage or when PP/RPRF/Medicals are requested? I have been asked to submit PP/RPRF/Medicals already. My Ecas shows..File under review. Is this the time the VO has to calculate my points?
Ok you are eligible and have 67 or more points. Under review simply means when its in process as I said brought forward date so when it will come they will take action. Share your complete time line so that better opinion can be given

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
rocky272727 said:
Ok you are eligible and have 67 or more points. Under review simply means when its in process as I said brought forward date so when it will come they will take action. Share your complete time line so that better opinion can be given
Rocky,

I applied under the old rules category in 2007. I get confused with the application stages. First, when are points calculated? Is it at the documents update stage or after submitting PP/RPRF/medicals? When an applicant is asked to submit PP/RPRF/medicals,does it mean the VO has "silently" determined the 67 mark? I mean silently since the VO has made no confirmation about the points achieved so far?

Then BFD..whats all about it? Is it that a file is allocated a date with which it will be looked at?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CocoaTea said:
Rocky,

I applied under the old rules category in 2007. I get confused with the application stages. First, when are points calculated? Is it at the documents update stage or after submitting PP/RPRF/medicals? When an applicant is asked to submit PP/RPRF/medicals,does it mean the VO has "silently" determined the 67 mark? I mean silently since the VO has made no confirmation about the points achieved so far?
Well I am sorry I am not aware about the old system and I do not think that they intimate that you qualify I guess the In Process states explains it itself.

Source: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas

Hope this can help
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.