+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What files do i need to bring to the written test?

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

about the written test, there is a check list in the notice asking me to bring "All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);"

Does this means i just need to provide the original version of files that i submitted with my citizenship application?

Do i need to provide translation files for all the stamps in all pages of my passport if it is not in english/french ?
Do i need to provide all the travel record files also to support my residence calculation? Like boarding passes/hotel receipts...for my trips out of Canada during the past 4 yrs?
What about renting leases/Payslips/Tax slips/HR Employment Letters/....etc...?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

PS: Here is the list CIC asked for:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> this notice;

> 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it; (e.g. driver's license, health card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.);

> All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document check list in the citizenship application form);

> Permanent Resident Card (if you have ever received one);

> all passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Here is my opinion:
-You should take all the original documents which you submitted with your citizenship application (e.g. PR card, Record of Landing, valid and expired passports, etc...). The office may check some or may not check any. In my case the office only checked my passports.

-You may not need to provide translation of all stamps unless the officer requests it at interview right after the test. If you want to play safe, then go ahead and get the stamps translated, especially if you have non English stamps which fall in the date range for your residency requirement for Citizenship.
I did not translate some stamps I had on my passport which were prior to residency requirement for Citizenship, and I did not have any issues.

-You do not have to worry about providing travel records, do not bother. It would be ridiculous for anyone to expect that you would have boarding pass or hotel reservation from 4 years ago. CIC has access to your travel records from CBSA. You may want to take your CRA Notice of Assessments, but most likely they will not check it.

Just search this forum, there is already an ocean of information on similar questions as yours from previous posts!