+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What exactly an AOR?

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hi Experts
In response to my spousal application, I have received an email from Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca which says that

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/04/10 on behalf of the following member(s):"

Is it AOR? does it mean that they have started processing my application? or my documents are complete?
I have been provided with an application number, whereas UCI is same as that of the sponsor.

Could you guys shed some light with your experience that is it AOR or AOR will be sent later as mentioned in online status that shows the application as IN PROCESS?

Thanks in advance

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi Experts
In response to my spousal application, I have received an email from Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca which says that

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/04/10 on behalf of the following member(s):"

Is it AOR? does it mean that they have started processing my application? or my documents are complete?
I have been provided with an application number, whereas UCI is same as that of the sponsor.

Could you guys shed some light with your experience that is it AOR or AOR will be sent later as mentioned in online status that shows the application as IN PROCESS?

Thanks in advance
Yes that is the AOR. So they have carried out a quick 'completeness check' on your documents and from this quick check, everything seems to be there. It is NOIT a guarantee that when they look at the documents in greater detail that they will not ask for more documents or additional information, but it does mean that they will not be returning your pack to you as incomplete.

Main steps and stages described here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#What_are_the_main_stages_and_steps_of_the_overall_process.3F

Reactions: Gr8AmirM

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Yes that is the AOR. So they have carried out a quick 'completeness check' on your documents and from this quick check, everything seems to be there. It is NOIT a guarantee that when they look at the documents in greater detail that they will not ask for more documents or additional information, but it does mean that they will not be returning your pack to you as incomplete.

Main steps and stages described here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#What_are_the_main_stages_and_steps_of_the_overall_process.3F
Thanks a lot for your response. It is really a great relief for me as I was really confused and assuming that AOR is pending.