+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does this mean?

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I contacted an employer in Canada and told him that I will be moving to Canada soon and if he could help me out in giving me an offer while my papers are getting processed. Now he wrote back that the company does not give an offer until the applicant is IN canada and has a SIN number. He also asked me this question "Have you looked at the option of a Canadian work permit while your papers are getting processed?"

Now is this a different process that I am not aware of? I was of the impression that once you get PR, you automatically get the work permit. But obviously not. Now can I do that while my papers are in the queue?

Please advise

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Some nationals from some countries, like UK can go on a holiday visa with a OPEN WORK PERMIT, otherwise, for the work permit you need an actual employer to apply first to human resources Canada to validate his intent to hire a foreign national, prove he first tried to get a Canadian / PR and couldn't find any, etc etc. so all in all for a work permit, in most cases you still need an employment offer