what does it mean if received line disappears ----pls

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faith-full said:
Some pple report received line disappeared, what does this mean?
most probably background checks are over ... and file is ready to ship to local office ... that is what I understand so far and in my case as well ....

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
faith-full said:
Thanks for your prompt response.
From my experience it means nothing, I got the test invite and the rec line was still there...so I am not sure, some link it with transfer to local office, others to background check,

For me I link it to nothing honestly

faith-full

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
How do you then know the local office your file was transferred to? Do you call CIC for this info---pls anyone?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faith-full said:
Has no meaning but applicants want/have a hope that it has relevance and tie it to a transfer/ cleared background checks etc. Only 2 things are relevant the first being its in process so its accepted as completed and second a transfer to the local office which means you are eligible to be considered for testing.

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
faith-full said:
In my case, received line disappeared May 2nd and my file was transferred to local office May 7th.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
faith-full said:
In my case, after 3 weeks of disappearnce of 'received' line I got finger prints request from CIC ST. Clair, Toronto. So its mean somebody started to work on my file at CIC Sydney.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, when the received line disappeared, I called CIC and I was advised that my file was in transit to the local office...

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't mean anything but "In Process".
Don't buy to the rumor saying it means your file is at local office.
It's totally wrong, for me it's been month since "Received line" disappeared, and when I called CIC, they said it's still in Sydney.