+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "Degree Class/ Division" mean in WES Degree Equivalency Tool ?

KCANIM

May 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Hello,

I'm confused as to what this "Degree Class/ Division" mean in WES Degree Equivalency Tool! Could someone please explain this? - I have an Indian degree.

Thanks

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
KCANIM said:
Hello,

I'm confused as to what this "Degree Class/ Division" mean in WES Degree Equivalency Tool! Could someone please explain this? - I have an Indian degree.

Thanks
What kind of degree are you trying to have assessed by WES? Bachelors? Masters?

From what I remember, you enter your university name, country, and degree in the free tool to get an overview of what you can expect.

Is your university listed on WES?

KCANIM

May 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Andre_Smol said:
What kind of degree are you trying to have assessed by WES? Bachelors? Masters?

From what I remember, you enter your university name, country, and degree in the free tool to get an overview of what you can expect.

Is your university listed on WES?
Hi,

Yes its the Bachelors degree from India which I am trying to get assessed. Yes the University can be seen , but I still do not get what the Degree Class/Division means :( The option it gives is "Not Applicable", "1" and "3".

KCANIM

May 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Guys any leads??? :'(

zaxis

Jun 20, 2016
Great forum by the way. Looks like a good community over here. Just registered as I stumbled into this thread why trying out the Preliminary Assessment of WES.

I wish i could post a screenshot (image) here so you could take a look at the question. Although the site is not allowing me to post an image link, probably because i am new on this forum.

Any idea on what the "Degree Class/ Division" means in the evaluation form?
The available options are
  • Not applicable

This has been a bit confusing for me.

zaxis

Jun 20, 2016
I am assuming if that refers to your distinction / grade / score obtained in the course.

Although if that is the case i am not sure why "2" is missing as an option.

I have 78.9% as my score. It is not distinction. So not selecting 1 and choosing 3 instead. Although I wish someone could confirm if this is right.

89robinm

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015 -->Medical received
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 11- 2016
LANDED..........
March 30 - 2016
Any one knows the answer? :) We are also stuck with the same.

c.arthanari

Feb 28, 2018
Hi Folks,

So i was also stuck with the same confusion and then i selected Not Applicable and went to next steps and got my degree equivalency in Canada.

To verify i repeated the same process with 1 and 3 in the Degree Class/ Division and got the same exact results at least for my choices. May be it will make some impact for some other's choices but i doubt it.

Just wanted to keep you informed in case any body else is looking for this.

Best Wishes.

urvi123

Aug 13, 2018
Hi folks, did you guys submit the marksheet or the degree certificate, since i have not received the degree certificate, can i submit the marksheet for evaluation ? please help

zainabansari

Apr 26, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
The Degree Class/Division refers to the level of academic achievement based on your final grades or marks. In the Indian education system, this is usually represented as First Class, Second Class, or Pass. WES considers the overall percentage of your marks to determine your degree class. It is important to note that WES does not recognize or convert Indian division marks (e.g. First Class with Distinction).