+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents are needed?

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
Hi, i have checked the website it says
* a valid passport or travel document
* the letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)
* a valid temporary resident visa (if required)
* a copy of the letter of acceptance from the school at which you are permitted to study
* proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada and
* letters of reference or any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied.

when it asks for proof of enough money should i show bank statements?
also im confused about if i need a visa or not because i dont have a stamp in my passport from them, i tried contacting them but the London office don't take enquiries over the phone, they only sent me an email saying my application has been approved, any help appreciated thanks.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of funds,yes you have to show the bank statement-This is the only document that show the existence of funds at the time you are applying for the study visa since you are not a citizen of U.K

You must have a stamp from them that officially allows yoou to enter canada.

Check the website farther fot details

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
I am a british citizen though, also do i need a stamp from the embassy? because that would mean i need 2 make a trip to london

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
Hey man, if you are a British national and you are using British passport, then you don't need any visa stamp in your passport. I think I pointed this out to you in your other post. Is just like you travelling to Republic of Ireland, Germany, France, Belgium or any other European country. That's why the Canadian High Commission in London where you applied for your permit in accordance with the law did not put any stamp in your British passport. Just buy your plane ticket, pick your passport and off you go. All you need is :

* the letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)
* a copy of the letter of acceptance from the school at which you are permitted to study
* proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada (YOUR BANK STATEMENT, or BANK DRAFT, etc . you are also allow to have on you CASH NOT MORE THAN $10,000 CAD

azzy90

Jul 4, 2011
the reason i asked is because theres someone here who went canada too and she said she needed a visa stamp in her passport to go.