+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what do you think

dammy 01

Jun 27, 2017
I have a TRV to come to Canada. My wife and daughters are refugee claimants. Their hearing have been postponed. Can I come over to see them?
What should I expect at the border entry.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
They will assess your admissibility and judge if you will leave at the end of your authorized period of stay. I would bring documents showing that you have ties to your country of origin and persuasading the officer that you will leave.

dammy 01

Jun 27, 2017
What kind of documents although I have a return ticket and will be staying just a month. My family claim is a gender/religious issue of which I was protecting them and it got to a point I could not do so any longer.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
What kind of documents although I have a return ticket and will be staying just a month. My family claim is a gender/religious issue of which I was protecting them and it got to a point I could not do so any longer.
A return ticket is good. If you can provide proof of employment, a lease or deed to property, all that shows you have the intention to return in case they ask. You were given a visa and an eTa disputed your wife and daughter claiming assylum so I wouldn't worry too much. Just have those documents handy in case they ask.

Out of curiosity, why are you not claiming assylum if your wife and daughter are?

dammy 01

Jun 27, 2017
My own life is not at risk, I will be lying if I did that. I am protecting them from harm. I have no reason to claim asylum.