+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what do you think about my SOP letter .. please help :(

awnina

Sep 29, 2016
hello everyone .. this is my sop letter .. please see if it's acceptable

I am ****** . I have completed Bachelors in BSc Architecture science (part 1) from one of the best UAE universities which is ****** . Following this, I was Kindled with an ambition of higher skills education that would give a desired push to my career. With a strong will to pursue my further architecture firm in UAE, I got accepted for the (Master of Architecture) and fully prepared to further deepen and refine my expertise through this architectural Course which has led me to take admission in one of the top universities in field of teaching skills , Ryerson University, Toronto , Canada.

I was brought up in a well-educated family and this helped me to maintain a consistent and excellent academic record. I granted as my lectures said One of the best designers in my batch. During my Bachelors, I have given many classes for both architecture and psychology students in field of architectural psychology in which it is one of the rarest aspect in the architectural field

I Started my career as an Asst. Architect in EMMAR as soon as I was graduated. Then I have obtained a two courses in 3D design (Revit) granted from Autodesk which is the biggest and the best software company in the world with title (authorized user). In UAEW where I interacted with various Staff and Students on a regular basis and perfectly abided the laws of the Country. This experience was very helpful because not only did it improve my learning and understanding of various scientific techniques, but also improved my ability to cooperate and communicate effectively which helped me in my personal growth as well. Within a short span, I was appointed as an 3D trainer and architectural human behavior in my ex-university in which the lectures were in need for me .

After working in this field, I realized that the current level of knowledge and experience is not sufficient to reach to higher levels and build a successful career. I feel that am not equipped with the architectural and managerial levels tools that are fundamental to evolve in this competitive corporate world. From what I saw many huge companies these days in UAE are opting to recruit architects with creative skills keeping in mind all the advantages involved in hiring them. The company gets an added advantage as they end up hiring a person who can multitask well. In addition, as UAE being a booming economy as one of the best area for starting a new architectural firm due to the diversity of the clients around the world, hence to serve them better, multinationals demand corporate architects who understand the real method of designing and project management from an international perspective.

The (Master of Architecture) certificate which I intend to do cover a range of topics related to the architectural designing skills, the psychological impact on the humans and the contraction management of project. I would be exposed to the processes involved in project control, architectural psychology, the fundamental of sustainable design, communicating the space to the world current issues and finally the Building Science for Architectural Preservation and Conservation. These topics involved will help me in my personal growth as well since am aiming in the next years to establish my firm in Dubai. I will be able to master skills such as analytical and strategic thinking to avoid crisis situation, problem solving and decision making, planning, organizing, and architectural creative management.

Taking up The Advanced Certificate in Architecture and to on International level is something which is quite lucrative for me. I will get a wonderful chance to lay a very strong foundation for my career with focus on diversity and multicultural concerns and gaining knowledge in traditional architectural topics with global mindset. And coming to the employer, it would be beneficial to hire a competent person who can develop more “design “solutions to the problems. I am sure that having this certificate would ensure better employment opportunities and a successful career back at home.

Why Canada?

I short-listed three colleges, one in Netherland (university of Groningen), another in UK (university of Surrey) and finally in Canada (Ryerson University). After consulting with my peers and seniors and checking course contents thoroughly, I am convinced that Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with high standards and global recognition.

Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged in which I need it to understand how people are thinking.

Why Ryerson University?

I have come to learn that the Ryerson University is one of largest, most diversified and highly respected colleges in Canada. Ryerson in term of architecture is one of the most advised places by the architects who claim that this intuition is providing and training what the architect’s need to know in the real life projects. The facilities offered will help me gain experience be it social, recreational or my personal development. This program brings together architects from all over the Canada, so I would be in contact with diverse perspective and I would also develop an international network. It would be very rewarding to share and exchange thoughts and ideas with a group of people who are from different nationalities, cultural orientations and schools of thought on one platform.

Another factor making the Master of Architecture program from Ryerson University like no other is its length and time span of 2 years. Mostly people like me who have had an experience in the job world want to upgrade their skills in a specific specialization, which is available as short term Certificate courses. My motive is to gain valuable skills in my profession which will help me to move in the higher levels. Besides, once in the workforce, I really can't afford to be attached to the education system (Like PhD) for years and so doing a short term degree seems a much viable choice. After being a part of Ryerson University I am sure, I would grow into an enterprising and an outstanding graduate.

To sum up, I am showing the sufficient funds from my Family to support me and meet the university tuition fee, travelling expenses and my living cost during my stay in Canada. I have enclosed those documents with my application. Please consider my request at earliest possible, so that I would meet my course in time and also find the necessary documents attached with this application.

+

one last question .. where to submit my ( family ties , CV , previous university papers , my work contract after finishing my master ... etc ) ? the thing is i can't find a category in the online application that fits those papers . all the fields for CIC papers and prof of fund and etc

awnina

Sep 29, 2016
Good luck!!! Let us know how did you go.
thank you bro and hopfully i can do it. but i need to ask you. one last question .. where to submit my ( family ties , CV , previous university papers , my work contract after finishing my master ... etc ) ? the thing is i can't find a category in the online application that fits those papers . all the fields for CIC papers and prof of fund and etc

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
Very strong SOP but I would suggest that you use an essay format rather than question-answer. Moreover I feel like the SOP is a bit long, but not sure if that would be an issue. Good luck!

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Your SOP is well written. I don't think its long. One page is just a guideline. SOP is the only thing where you can convince the VISA officer and is the most important thing in your application beside your financial status.

Do not worry about the essay format. Answer all the questions below the essay that you feel not answered properly in the essay just as you did here.

My younger bro did the same for his application with 3 pages of SOP and answered necessary questions below the essay and he got VISA without any IELTS.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
Your SOP is well written. I don't think its long. One page is just a guideline. SOP is the only thing where you can convince the VISA officer and is the most important thing in your application beside your financial status.

Do not worry about the essay format. Answer all the questions below the essay that you feel not answered properly in the essay just as you did here.

My younger bro did the same for his application with 3 pages of SOP and answered necessary questions below the essay and he got VISA without any IELTS.
I disagree with you. I know that the format has nothing to do with the content, but it still shows to certain extent that the writer has a better academic skills than someone who would write it in a question-answer format. I also have got the visa two weeks ago. The SOP is indeed the only part where you can convince, but writing too much is kinda suspicious, but not necessarily. You do not have to write a long essay just to prove to them you are a student, a simple essay is enough.

Reactions: dreamy2536

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
I disagree with you. I know that the format has nothing to do with the content, but it still shows to certain extent that the writer has a better academic skills than someone who would write it in a question-answer format. I also have got the visa two weeks ago. The SOP is indeed the only part where you can convince, but writing too much is kinda suspicious, but not necessarily. You do not have to write a long essay just to prove to them you are a student, a simple essay is enough.
Its yours to agree or disagree.

I didn't advice to write SOP in a question/answer format (read my answer please).
I advised to write the SOP in an essay format and then answer only the questions below which are difficult to describe in the essay format. If you are able to answer all of it in the essay then VOILA!

Also nowhere i said to write too much to make it suspicious. I said a SOP has to be well written to convince the VISA officer. A VISA officer wont mind if he gets his answers easily for a candidate in a SOP which is longer than one page. Besides there is no definition of font and the number of words that you can fit into a page. That's why it is just a guideline, not a requirement!!!

Last edited:

lady sam

Oct 31, 2017
Please can someone help me here with a sop because I have been rejected due to that n funds.please really need your help to reapply and some guidelines