+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do verifications mean?

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Hello. I got this reply from CIC today:

Thank you for your Email.

Please note that certain verifications are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no control over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

Your patience is appreciated.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

Does anyone know what these 'verifications' are and when I can expect to get a decision? I applied on 18th April (11 weeks ago). The processing time for Pakistan is 8 weeks.

raja2396

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Islamabad
Visa Office......
Islamabad
These verifications are related to your documents which you provided. Like your bank statements, they'll cross verify it and your educational documents they'll also check them for their authenticity.

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
These verifications are related to your documents which you provided. Like your bank statements, they'll cross verify it and your educational documents they'll also check them for their authenticity.
Are they the same as background checks?

raja2396

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Islamabad
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Are they the same as background checks?
No background check is when they check your family members and your travel history. You basically provided them info in family form so they will check it through agencies that either your family member or you were involved in a criminal activity or ever deported from a airport or refused entry

Reactions: Nadia Azam

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
No background check is when they check your family members and your travel history. You basically provided them info in family form so they will check it through agencies that either your family member or you were involved in a criminal activity or ever deported from a airport or refused entry
I see. Is the verifications step done before background checks or after?

Nadia Azam

Jun 28, 2017
I have applied on 2nd of May from Karachi ..I have got this mail today..

There have been no updates to your application . since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.

raja2396

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Islamabad
Visa Office......
Islamabad
I see. Is the verifications step done before background checks or after?
Background check is done before verifications to my knowledge. Does yours say we are rewieving your eligibility? And does it say your background check is in process.

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Background check is done before verifications to my knowledge. Does yours say we are rewieving your eligibility? And does it say your background check is in process.
Yes, it says we are reviewing your eligibility. Background check used to say we are processing your background checks but then it changed to 'Not Applicable'.

hatice

Jul 5, 2014
pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's alright if they are verifying everything, but still they should have some sort of time frame for these verifications, why their processing time is 8 weeks if they have no control over time, That's not fair, some applicants are waiting since 7-9 months, should we apply a year before going to study their?
I know its their rules and their country, we dont have a choice except waiting but still man...
Did U sent CSE by the way??? med passed?

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
It's alright if they are verifying everything, but still they should have some sort of time frame for these verifications, why their processing time is 8 weeks if they have no control over time, That's not fair, some applicants are waiting since 7-9 months, should we apply a year before going to study their?
I know its their rules and their country, we dont have a choice except waiting but still man...
Did U sent CSE by the way??? med passed?
Yes, this was in reply to a CSE. And yes, med has passed.