+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what counts as proof I WILL live in Canada?

donfather

Sep 28, 2019
Hi guys. In the Checklist under Supporting docs for sponsor, it says under #2 that if I answered yes, which I did, then I need to provide proof that I will live in Canada with my spouse once they become a permanent resident. I looked all over the complete guide and could not find what consitutes proof. Is it just by completing the Residency Declaration on IMM 1344? I just feel like there has to be more to it? Thanks so much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys. In the Checklist under Supporting docs for sponsor, it says under #2 that if I answered yes, which I did, then I need to provide proof that I will live in Canada with my spouse once they become a permanent resident. I looked all over the complete guide and could not find what consitutes proof. Is it just by completing the Residency Declaration on IMM 1344? I just feel like there has to be more to it? Thanks so much.
No, it is not just completing the declaration. You need to submit concrete proof of your intention to return to Canada. You can show proof of a job/home in Canada, job searches, contact with realtors, moving money/assets, shipping quotes, selling house in your current country, notice at your job, communication with family/friends, school enrollments if you have kids, foreign education assessments etc.

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
I got approved as a sponsor and i submitted a letter detailing our plans to move (when/where) and included documentation showing applications to Canadian Masters programs, that I still maintain a Canadian bank acct, and 2 letters from family in Canada stating they’re aware of our plans. We didn’t include any job offers, real estate searches, moving quotes etc

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, it is not just completing the declaration. You need to submit concrete proof of your intention to return to Canada. You can show proof of a job/home in Canada, job searches, contact with realtors, moving money/assets, shipping quotes, selling house in your current country, notice at your job, communication with family/friends, school enrollments if you have kids, foreign education assessments etc.
Hi:) I need help with this also, was wondering what others are providing immigration.

This is all I can provide:
-Canadian bank account and valid drivers licence ( i renewed it on my last visit in 2016)
-setting an email rental alert on rentals.ca where they send me new available property listings
-an explanation of my plan in writing
-writing an email asking about an education program for myself ( the sponsor) in Toronto

I am not able to provide anything else from the above examples you have listed and I have no property there. Do you think what I have suffices? It's much too early for any actual actions to prepare to move, I would do that after the PR is approved for my spouse only. We don't have kids at the moment either nor am I pregnant.

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi:) I need help with this also, was wondering what others are providing immigration.

-Canadian bank account and valid drivers licence ( i renewed it on my last visit in 2016)
-setting an email rental alert on rentals.ca where they send me new available property listings
-writing an email asking about an education program for myself ( the sponsor) in Toronto

I am not able to provide anything else from the above examples you have listed and I have no property there. Do you think what I have suffices? It's much too early for any actual actions to prepare to move, I would do that after the PR is approved for my spouse only. We don't have kids at the moment either nor am I pregnant.
Also I am currently still paying my OSAP student loan. Should I include that also as proof? Because it could mean that I am considering on returning and maintaining my credit score.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Bank and drivers lic. are good, shows you have kept ties to Canada, others are also good, sounds like you are going back to school? Include what courses you are looking at. Your spouse will be looking for work? Have them show potential employers, possibly any communication with employers. Also you need to prove that you can support yourselves for your first while in CDA, show proof of your finances, savings and other assets, really they just want to know you have a reasonable plan for when you get here.