+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what chances that I will get a job with a non Canadian degree

itme

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Hello
I am from pakistan, I have master degree (computer science) and I have been working for last 5 years, current designation is Sr.Software Engineer(Team Lead) .

I would like to know if i move to canada, what chances that I will get a job with a non Canadian degree?

in short is Canadian degree needed?

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are plenty of immigrants who have gotten jobs in Canada with foreign credentials. Make sure your resume and cover letter are impeccable, that you hone your interview skills and that you work hard at finding that perfect job. Also, be flexible as to where you would like to settle in Canada. Go where the work is.

Check out CGI. They are a huge IT company here in Canada: http://www.cgi.com/en/careers/working-at-cgi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my experience, your education and experience will not be seen as equal to Canadian education and experience but that doesn't mean you can't get a job. You might have to start lower though and work your way up. Maybe they will offer you a lower position and lower salary until they see what you can do.

chanelicia

Dec 26, 2010
Leon said:
In my experience, your education and experience will not be seen as equal to Canadian education and experience but that doesn't mean you can't get a job. You might have to start lower though and work your way up. Maybe they will offer you a lower position and lower salary until they see what you can do.
Hi everyone,
I am a new member here...I would like to ask a question, please bear with me...would it be possible for a person to come to Canada to look for a job (even though they are on a tourist visa)...I apologise beforehand if this is a silly question...I am getting very confused over this matter and need some clarification...arranged offer of employment for a foreigner is only if the foreigner goes for an interview right? To go for the interview the foreigner has to be physically present...and to do so, they have to be in Canada....eventhough it is a tourist visa? How does it work? Can someone please enlighten me?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go to Canada and interview for jobs on a tourist visa. It would probably be better to try to line something up before you go so you will not be wasting your time.

An AEO can also be obtained by other means such as looking for jobs online or through an agency, communicating with the employer through email or phone and maybe doing a phone interview or by skype.

navneetgarg120

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
IELTS Request
07-11-2009
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2012, 04-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-03-2012, 05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
@itme: Stay positive. there are many examples who got job offer before landing. Stay focused on your skills and the job requirement in Canada, you will hear from your prospective employer soon. Try accessing following sites for job in IT.

1) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/something-which-i-learnt-in-canada-t59921.30.html
2) http://www.cgi.com/en/careers/working-at-cgi
3) http://www.it-careers.ca/

chanelicia

Dec 26, 2010
Leon said:
You can go to Canada and interview for jobs on a tourist visa. It would probably be better to try to line something up before you go so you will not be wasting your time.

An AEO can also be obtained by other means such as looking for jobs online or through an agency, communicating with the employer through email or phone and maybe doing a phone interview or by skype.
Thank you for your help. :)

Staroffuture

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
In my experience, it is very rare to find a job with your career from the first time in Canada except if you have connections who lead you to find a good job or maybe to work with him or if you are very very lucky.
If you want to depend on the employment agencies or on the websites or the newspapers, your chance will be very slim except if you are very lucky in your life to find that job.
The usual situation for newcomers to find a job that it may required long time process to find a job in your career maybe months or even years.
According to the job websites, they are full with works but most of these works are out of date or just for the need of LM.
According to your age, if you are above 30 or 35 years I advise to immigrate to Canada in order to study or doing business or if you have guaranteed job 100% after you arrive here, other cases why should you quit your good job and go for unknown situation?? why wasting time and money??
if you have money and time and you are good enough in using English ok come but before you come put your plan and budget to achieve your plan with timeframe. if you can’t do that be careful because in case you don't find a job and your money is finished, you will be forced to go to survival jobs and maybe for long time before you can fix your situation.
Best regards

chanelicia

Dec 26, 2010
Staroffuture said:
In my experience, it is very rare to find a job with your career from the first time in Canada except if you have connections who lead you to find a good job or maybe to work with him or if you are very very lucky.
If you want to depend on the employment agencies or on the websites or the newspapers, your chance will be very slim except if you are very lucky in your life to find that job.
The usual situation for newcomers to find a job that it may required long time process to find a job in your career maybe months or even years.
According to the job websites, they are full with works but most of these works are out of date or just for the need of LM.
According to your age, if you are above 30 or 35 years I advise to immigrate to Canada in order to study or doing business or if you have guaranteed job 100% after you arrive here, other cases why should you quit your good job and go for unknown situation?? why wasting time and money??
if you have money and time and you are good enough in using English ok come but before you come put your plan and budget to achieve your plan with timeframe. if you can't do that be careful because in case you don't find a job and your money is finished, you will be forced to go to survival jobs and maybe for long time before you can fix your situation.
Best regards

I think you are perfectly right. Thank you for your patience n understanding, I really appreciate this reply b/c it is realistic n also fits my circumstance. Thank you.