+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What businesses I can do ?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Haiderzaidi said:
how about a business worth around $100,000 . Any good suggestions ?
That's a good amount of money for a start up. However, a lot of people go into business with the sole reason of making money and so many get burned. Whereas it is key for the business to be profitable it is also important for the entrepreneur to have a passion for what their business does. It is that passion that drives you because along the way, the road will get rocky before it gets smooth.

I think the discussion would be easier if you shared what you have in mind (what you really want to do), and ask about its applicability in the Canadian market. Otherwise, asking people for ideas is asking them to sit down and scratch their heads. for some that may be a bit too much to ask.

So share the ideas you have in mind and the discussion will pick up from there.

Getafix

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
08-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-07-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
@Haiderzaidi,

$250 is a very decent capital, even $100 can get you some nice businesses. I've been doing some research since i've been here a few months and want to start my own business as well. If you're serious you can p.m me when you get here and i can guide you. I'm also in the G.T.A.

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GETAFIX,

You are a legend mate. For now I'll add you up in my buddy list & will catch up soon.

P.s: PM has been made too.

moe kahn

Jun 4, 2015
@ Haiderzaidi,
I hope you already in Canada in Jan 2015 successfully . welcome to Canada.

By the way , if you really wish to do business in Canada , you most likely need some knowledge and some money .

As Canada has a lot of opportunity to do business , but in big city like Toronto doing business is bit of challenge , yet the results are good if anyone can overcome these challenges . like almost in any field of business finding the employees are very typical specially in Toronto , even if you get the wage is high .

As you didnt mention where are you from, yet the best possible things would be great to do for you
is to wait a bit to learn about the different Canadian systems like credit systems, local community ,canadian market , culture , language and then you will know which business field you are most likely to go .

Also better to get business consultancy in order to get the actual real life information , coz your hard earn money will not take time to to be evaporated in canada , so it is wise to know well before pouring your liquid cash .

I am telling you those cz I am living and working here in Toronto since 2009 and I am in a hotel profession
as Chef , I went thru a lot seminar and i did my own research about a restaurant , which I noticed that in toronto gts to open a reataurant will take minimum $200K to $300k , after open will have to fight in competition among all other restaurant . for example in Toronto to sell - 1 butter chicken curry (18 oz) -
$12 with a burning competition , where outside Toronto like Waterloo , Barrie, or small city with 50,000 population can sell easily $20 , and for an Indian restaurant has a lot of demand in any Canadian small city- low opening cost but high income possibilities . I just share with you my part of business plan as i home worked before , to give you an example .

There is a lot things you need to know in order to see a clear picture before you put your money . like another example - from BDC in canada if you just have 25% of the capital for any business . BDC will finance you the remaining 75% in low interest , which is good then any conventional bank .

about buying a franchise you will need to know few things like franchise fee , cost of groceries to buy only from them , royalty fee , marketing fees , after all of those you will make , now u need to calculate how much you will have after putting that amount of money with your labor too sometimes . But if you start with small business in a small city by the help f internet you can rock and roll in less then a year and in few years you can have your own brand rather to use high cost franchise .

You will use money to bring money , not for evaporated your liquid.

You can PM me , If you wish to for further discuss , I will love to share my research .

Thanking you
Moe Kahn

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Moe Khan,

Well for soem reason I have procrastinated by arrival but will be arriving soom Insha Allah by Sept, 2015. Thats for down pouring your experience & was very helpful indeed. Insha Allah once I am in Canada will catch up. for now i'll add you up. Cheers

a.h

Sep 30, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO to Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
15 October 2014
AOR Received.
10 January 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
moe kahn said:
@ Haiderzaidi,
I hope you already in Canada in Jan 2015 successfully . welcome to Canada.

By the way , if you really wish to do business in Canada , you most likely need some knowledge and some money .

As Canada has a lot of opportunity to do business , but in big city like Toronto doing business is bit of challenge , yet the results are good if anyone can overcome these challenges . like almost in any field of business finding the employees are very typical specially in Toronto , even if you get the wage is high .

As you didnt mention where are you from, yet the best possible things would be great to do for you
is to wait a bit to learn about the different Canadian systems like credit systems, local community ,canadian market , culture , language and then you will know which business field you are most likely to go .

Also better to get business consultancy in order to get the actual real life information , coz your hard earn money will not take time to to be evaporated in canada , so it is wise to know well before pouring your liquid cash .

I am telling you those cz I am living and working here in Toronto since 2009 and I am in a hotel profession
as Chef , I went thru a lot seminar and i did my own research about a restaurant , which I noticed that in toronto gts to open a reataurant will take minimum $200K to $300k , after open will have to fight in competition among all other restaurant . for example in Toronto to sell - 1 butter chicken curry (18 oz) -
$12 with a burning competition , where outside Toronto like Waterloo , Barrie, or small city with 50,000 population can sell easily $20 , and for an Indian restaurant has a lot of demand in any Canadian small city- low opening cost but high income possibilities . I just share with you my part of business plan as i home worked before , to give you an example .

There is a lot things you need to know in order to see a clear picture before you put your money . like another example - from BDC in canada if you just have 25% of the capital for any business . BDC will finance you the remaining 75% in low interest , which is good then any conventional bank .

about buying a franchise you will need to know few things like franchise fee , cost of groceries to buy only from them , royalty fee , marketing fees , after all of those you will make , now u need to calculate how much you will have after putting that amount of money with your labor too sometimes . But if you start with small business in a small city by the help f internet you can rock and roll in less then a year and in few years you can have your own brand rather to use high cost franchise .

You will use money to bring money , not for evaporated your liquid.

You can PM me , If you wish to for further discuss , I will love to share my research .

Thanking you
Moe Kahn
Food business is always a good business !

GTABizGuy

Nov 30, 2015
singhabhishek251 said:
I think that the web based business would be better and this will need a small amount of money to invest, you can start with web design, development, and internet marketing.
I can even help you in this regard and can have a contract signed for the same to work better in the future.
If you are still interested in business as you mentioned above, leave a message.