+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are the extra supporting documents if any?

Feb 11, 2008
I am not sure what extra supporting documents will help the application for the permenant residency..here are my thoughts, please correct me if the documents are not necessary or let me know what i am missing here:

1. paycheque stubs (how many? give CIC the most recent ones or good to give a couple of the very beginning ones?)

2. offers for the fellowship and graduate program ( i just feel they might show i am a competent candidate)

3. I will complete 2 years full-time study in Canada, which means I will get an extra 5 points in Aug.2008. and I will also have TA job in Summer (but I haven't gotten the official offer yet)..Should I write some notes to CIC to remind them of these?

4. about the funds, if the money is in GIC account, is that ok? how about stocks, bonds, RRSP?

5. I apply for myself this time, but my mother might come in the future, how much funds should I disclose, for one person or two?

6. about the amount of funds, is that the more, the better? (or just provide the amount required by CIC?)

4. any other documents or info that I should provide to support my application?

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
THE CIC WILL WRITE TO YOU TO EXPLAIN WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS THEY NEED. HAVE THEY WRITTEN TO YOU?

I am not sure what extra supporting documents will help the application for the permenant residency..here are my thoughts, please correct me if the documents are not necessary or let me know what i am missing here:

1. paycheque stubs (how many? give CIC the most recent ones or good to give a couple of the very beginning ones?)

2. offers for the fellowship and graduate program ( i just feel they might show i am a competent candidate)
TRANSCRIPT WILL DO IN A SEALED ENVELOP FROM EDUCATION INSTITUTION

3. I will complete 2 years full-time study in Canada, which means I will get an extra 5 points in Aug.2008. and I will also have TA job in Summer (but I haven't gotten the official offer yet)..Should I write some notes to CIC to remind them of these?
YOU CAN WRITE TO THEM TO UPDATE THEM, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO ALSO SEND SUPPORTING INFORMATION ATTACHED. IT ALSO DEPENDS IF THEY HAD EARLIER REQUESTED FOR THAT INFO.

4. about the funds, if the money is in GIC account, is that ok? how about stocks, bonds, RRSP?
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT GIC IS BUT IF ITS A GUARANTEE INVESTMENT ACCOUNT, YES THE MONEY IS YOURS IN SAVING.

5. I apply for myself this time, but my mother might come in the future, how much funds should I disclose, fo r one person or two?

INCLUDE YOUR MUM ON THE FAMILY CLASS SECTION OF THE FORMS AS PART OF YOUR RELATIVES, YOU COULD SPONSOR YOUR MUM AFTER YOU GET YOUR PR. DISCLOSE FUNDS FOR ONLY YOU UNLESS YOU ARE MOVING WITH YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN IF YOU HANVE ONE.

6. about the amount of funds, is that the more, the better? (or just provide the amount required by CIC?)
NO IT DOESNT MATTER, WHAT THEY NEED IS WHAT THEY HAVE REQUESTED, SO YOU HAVE TO REACH THE MINIMUM THEY HAVE REQUESTED. IF YOU HAVE EXTRA GOOD FOR YOU.
4. any other documents or info that I should provide to support my application?
POLICE CHECKS, IELTS, MEDICALS. ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS IS ONLY TO BE SENT TO CIC AT REQUEST. DO NOT SEND BEFORE THEY REQUEST FOR THEM.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]