+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances of not taking IELTS and getting full points in Language pro

aamirdr

Oct 16, 2008
Remedical done Medical Done
Category........
Visa Office......
London now... old Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 -08- 2009
Doc's Request.
8 -10-2009
AOR Received.
8-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
16-8-2009
Med's Request
re medical done march 2014
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Insha Allah in october 2014
It is better to take IELTS

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: What are the chances of not taking IELTS and getting full points in Language

Two of my friends who were applied under the old process got their PR (one got in June'2009 and other in Sep'2009). but they havent given IELTS. their nationality is Indian and they are staying in Canada for the past 3years. they applied under FSW3(temporary foreign worker for more than a year).

I am not supporting that "u will get PR with out IELTS", but its a just a word i would like to share with you guys.

vmpvmp

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Dear all,

Not taking IELTS won't FAIL YOU in the Canadian Immigration Processing system. He/she fails only when that said applicant couldn't garner the overall 67.

As explained in my previous post, Without an IELTS (or CELPIP), one is at the mercy of the VO (referred also as the IO). Who would usually give a lesser score. Remember, the 'written evidence' cannot prove the English 'speaking' aspect, u don't get any marks in that sub-class from the VO. Thus, u cannot get the max score in 'language skills'. Which might be a deal breaker.

Now, if one's total score thru the other criterion gets him/her more than 67, he would successfully sail thru even w/out the IELTS. And in such cases the VO/IO will not even ask for the IELTS, even if the pax is a 'non-native' user.

But, the above is a RISK, are we prepared to take it? Given the fragile position of our case processing, it's is genuinely best to take the IELTS or CELPIP.

Regards.
This is a perfect answer! It clearly indicates that if your points are going to be more than 67 with average (or minimum) score awarded in Language proficiency, then one can surely save money, time and energy required for IELTS! IELTS is not a must in all the cases as usually we think, for non English speakers.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagarmatha said:
Hello
All
I have finished my Bachelors degree from the United States(US) and currently pursuing my master degree here in the state too. I have been residing here from past eight years. I am confidient that I can gather all the necessary alternative documents for IELTS. I am also aware that "non native speakers are strongly recommended to take the IELTS exam." Still, I am just curious to find out about the success ratio of not taking IELTS exam. Anybody with experiences, please provide somelight on the subject matter.

Thanks
Either your mother tongue is English or you give IELTS. Its better to play safe.

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Hello
Thank you all for your suggestion. Your help is truly appreciated. Iwill be refistering for IELTS in comming days.
Thanks