+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my options *urgent*

Zilli

May 12, 2013
I am an immigrant of Canada and I have been here for 5 years with no paper work or anything. What are my options of what I should do to be able to apply my paper work but also to not get deported. I have a 2 year old daughter that was also born here in Canada. I am not sure what I should do or where to go from here I have filled out some paperwork to be able apply for some kind of status here. If anyone could answer my question it would greatly appreciated. Also I am with a Canadian common law, but not sure what I should do in that situation either I don't know if they can help me with my paper work. But my biggest fear is that they will kick me out for trying to turn some papers in.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are an immigrant - this means you would have permanent residency status.

However you mention that you have no paperwork. This would mean you're not here as an immigrant - but came here on some sort of visa and then overstayed. Is that what happened?

Can you clarify?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in a common law partnership with a Canadian and have been for at least 12 months, your partner can apply to sponsor you for PR as long as your partner is not on welfare and not bankrupt and making enough money to support you and your child. It does not necessarily mean you'd have to leave if you apply inland. You can apply to stay based on the application being in process.

Zilli

May 12, 2013
scylla said:
If you are an immigrant - this means you would have permanent residency status.

However you mention that you have no paperwork. This would mean you're not here as an immigrant - but came here on some sort of visa and then overstayed. Is that what happened?

Can you clarify?
I have my paperwork as in my birth certificate and my social and everything from the states I do not have my immigrantion papers as of yet I need to apply. When I came over the boreder 5 years ago I came as a visitor from the states. But I went over the 6months of visiting here in canada. I have no visa either I just came here with my passport told them I was visiting then been here ever since.

Zilli

May 12, 2013
Leon said:
If you are in a common law partnership with a Canadian and have been for at least 12 months, your partner can apply to sponsor you for PR as long as your partner is not on welfare and not bankrupt and making enough money to support you and your child. It does not necessarily mean you'd have to leave if you apply inland. You can apply to stay based on the application being in process.

Would it be any easier if I were to marry a Canadian would that make my paperwork any easier to get or do if so?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zilli said:
Would it be any easier if I were to marry a Canadian would that make my paperwork any easier to get or do if so?
It does not matter for the process if you are living as common law for 12 months or if you get married.