+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my options to get PR (Canadian degree holder, FSW, low score)

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have done my Master’s from a Canadian University and now currently with PGWP. My PGWP is going to be expired soon and now I have no way to extend/apply for new work permit (No permanent job). I want to settle down in Canada but I don’t know what are my chances. My Express entry score is 417 (after adding the 30 for Canadian education). Can I apply to any PNP program? Could you guys suggest me what are my options? I can’t get PNP from the province I got my Master’s as I don’t work there.

Thank you for your reply.

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
shomed said:
Hi,

I have done my Master’s from a Canadian University and now currently with PGWP. My PGWP is going to be expired soon and now I have no way to extend/apply for new work permit (No permanent job). I want to settle down in Canada but I don’t know what are my chances. My Express entry score is 417 (after adding the 30 for Canadian education). Can I apply to any PNP program? Could you guys suggest me what are my options? I can’t get PNP from the province I got my Master’s as I don’t work there.

I have seen my fellow student friends moved to NWT where they are experiencing extreme labour shortages. They had to close a few Fast Food Restaurant chains (KFC, DQ etc.)because they couldn't find/retain staff in Yellowknife. All of my friends ended up getting a job offer supported by NWT PNP and now they are PR of Canada. I would suggest you to look into that option ....

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
shomed said:
Hi,

at this movement getting EE ITA at 417 points very hard. Better to choose PNP option.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SCC said:
I have seen my fellow student friends moved to NWT where they are experiencing extreme labour shortages. They had to close a few Fast Food Restaurant chains (KFC, DQ etc.)because they couldn't find/retain staff in Yellowknife. All of my friends ended up getting a job offer supported by NWT PNP and now they are PR of Canada. I would suggest you to look into that option ....
I'd go go work in mcd's in Yellowknife!

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your suggestion. Do you have any suggestion on finding jobs in NWT?
SCC said:

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how come your CRS is that low.?

How much experience you have ? and what's your IELTS ?

the quickest option you have is to get LMIA. PNP takes too long unless you try for Yukon.

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your suggestion. Is there any particular Province I should try for? Appreciate your view on that.
avm said:
at this movement getting EE ITA at 417 points very hard. Better to choose PNP option.

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly, I don't have job offer, age is a factor and IELTS score is not the best. Have 7 years of foreign job experience. LMIA, I wish!
Batman_is_Real said:
how come your CRS is that low.?

How much experience you have ? and what's your IELTS ?

the quickest option you have is to get LMIA. PNP takes too long unless you try for Yukon.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shomed said:
Exactly, I don't have job offer, age is a factor and IELTS score is not the best. LMIA, I wish!
You try for PNP but PNP will take longer and as I said LMIA is quickest option other thing is to try and improve IELTS score

To be honest it's really hard to suggest proper option without really knowing background and stuff, only thing we can do is provide general options but I am sure you already have thought about that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shomed said:
Exactly, I don't have job offer, age is a factor and IELTS score is not the best. Have 7 years of foreign job experience. LMIA, I wish!
How bad is your IELTS? Typically, CLB 9 should be easier to achieve than moving to Yellowknife.

shomed

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R:7.5, W: 6.5, S:7.5, L:9
Asivad Anac said:
How bad is your IELTS? Typically, CLB 9 should be easier to achieve than moving to Yellowknife.