+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances to get nomination without a job offer?

anabelz

Jan 14, 2017
Hi,

My score is ~350, I don't have a family (except a family in Toronto but I'll not get points on it)/friends in Canada and I've never lived or studied there.

My plan is to move alone.

I thought of getting a nomination from a province such as PEI/NS/Saskatchewan based on my willing to move there and my NOC (2171) that is in-demand.

Do they give a nomination to that type of profile? or most likely without a job offer they wont?

Thanks

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hi,

My score is ~350, I don't have a family (except a family in Toronto but I'll not get points on it)/friends in Canada and I've never lived or studied there.

My plan is to move alone.

I thought of getting a nomination from a province such as PEI/NS/Saskatchewan based on my willing to move there and my NOC (2171) that is in-demand.

Do they give a nomination to that type of profile? or most likely without a job offer they wont?

Thanks
You can't apply for SINP. Now NOC 2171 is gone from the list.
You must read carefully only NS PNP. It is active nowadays and easy going.
PEI is off now.
BC and Ontario are high demanding, means very tough.

Nova Scotia

There was a flurry of activity in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) in early May, with the highly popular Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream welcoming applications for the first time since 2015.

This stream contains two categories, one of which does not require a candidate to have a job offer. For this category (Category B), candidates must have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in the last six years in one of the 16 ‘opportunity’ occupations considered by Nova Scotia.
Soon after opening, intake under Category B of the stream was paused. A staff member at the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration, speaking to CICNews, said that this was because the online application system was experiencing technical difficulties, and that it is expected that applications will once again be accepted under this category in due course.

Last edited:
Reactions: anabelz

anabelz

Jan 14, 2017
You can't apply for SINP. Now NOC 2171 is gone from the list.
You must read carefully only NS PNP. It is active nowadays and easy going.
PEI is off now.
BC and Ontario are high demanding, means very tough.

Nova’s Scotia

There was a flurry of activity in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) in early May, with the highly popular Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream welcoming applications for the first time since 2015.

This stream contains two categories, one of which does not require a candidate to have a job offer. For this category (Category B), candidates must have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) skilled work experience in the last six years in one of the 16 ‘opportunity’ occupations considered by Nova Scotia.
Soon after opening, intake under Category B of the stream was paused. A staff member at the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration, speaking to CICNews, said that this was because the online application system was experiencing technical difficulties, and that it is expected that applications will once again be accepted under this category in due course.

Thank you for your quick response!