+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are my chances for mcmaster??

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
mcmaster is very selective bro esp for it graduate programs , apply to uni of victoria, UBC , Simon fraser Uni ...all are in BC
very beautiful place to study , decent tuition fees , reputed uni's!!!

Do give a shot at UBC (NO MATTER WHAT)!!!!!!

you have a strong profile, if you have luck ur way and get a call from McMaster/UBC you ll be set in canada!!

PS: Hope you are applying to course based masters!!!

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
harsh_mba said:
mcmaster is very selective bro esp for it graduate programs , apply to uni of victoria, UBC , Simon fraser Uni ...all are in BC
very beautiful place to study , decent tuition fees , reputed uni's!!!

Do give a shot at UBC (NO MATTER WHAT)!!!!!!

you have a strong profile, if you have luck ur way and get a call from McMaster/UBC you ll be set in canada!!

PS: Hope you are applying to course based masters!!!

thanks bro :)...u have really increased my confidence level...i was really worried after getting rejection from ryerson....im adding UBC also to my list

speedliving

Jul 5, 2013
Hi guys i found this forum really useful
i was planning to take up 1 yr pg certification program at George brown college toronto in strategic communication marketing with co-op for JAN 2014 intake

My profile
age 25 yrs education 10th- 73% 12th -73 % B.pharma : 61% full time PGDM in MARKETING & FINANCE : 79 %

more than 2 yrs of full time work ex

as i found out there are very informed people here i would love to have their opinion about which college to choose and which province to go for the marketing and communication field

Obligation : budget MAX 25000$ (Tution fees + living expense ) duration of course -MAX 16 month field : marketing and communication

(Dont want to give GMAT)

objective : to get decent job and eventually PR

please let me know which province i can look for and which college i can aim for also which program i can opt for considering all the obligations and objectives

Thank you in anticipation

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Sry dun hav much idea abt colleges...but make sure ur program is a post graduate diplomma or advanced diplomma program.
I would hav suggested MBA but since ur not intrested in GMAT

I dont see that a pg certificate program would help you increase ur knwoledge when ur already having a PgDM with work ex!!!

You need to pick up a course that shows career progession ....else you wont seem a genuine student!!!

farhaniqbal

Nov 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 14-09-2012 and PPR2, 05-10-12, Decision Made on 8-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-12
LANDED..........
November 1, 2012 at Calgary
Bro... I applied at University of Calgary in MEng and MAsc Fall 2013 in ECE... got rejected from both MEng and MAsc. applied in University of Alberta in MAsc Fall 2013 ECE... got rejected... Then I applied in McMaster and University of Ottawa... by the grace of Almighty now got admission offer from McMaster in MEng.. reply awaited from University of Ottawa..

I had done a BS and MS earlier.. BS with about 65% and MS with 3.57 CGPA... IELTS was 8.0 and I had 6 year University teaching experience...

So probably I will not term McMaster as dream university.... I would have preferred University of Calgary or University of Alberta if I had got admitted there.... Job competition is much less in province of Alberta and Saskatchewan and naturally they prefer graduate of their own universities... Ontario is way full with all the immigrants from all over the world...

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
farhaniqbal said:
Bro... I applied at University of Calgary in MEng and MAsc Fall 2013 in ECE... got rejected from both MEng and MAsc. applied in University of Alberta in MAsc Fall 2013 ECE... got rejected... Then I applied in McMaster and University of Ottawa... by the grace of Almighty now got admission offer from McMaster in MEng.. reply awaited from University of Ottawa..

I had done a BS and MS earlier.. BS with about 65% and MS with 3.57 CGPA... IELTS was 8.0 and I had 6 year University teaching experience...

So probably I will not term McMaster as dream university.... I would have preferred University of Calgary or University of Alberta if I had got admitted there.... Job competition is much less in province of Alberta and Saskatchewan and naturally they prefer graduate of their own universities... Ontario is way full with all the immigrants from all over the world...
Thanks for your reply... :)....by the way one doubt...u have already done MS ryte? then again applied for M.Eng? and whether u r a permanent resident of canada?

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
I have done btech (ece) from thapar university with overall 65.3%. My last 2 year percentage is 75.6 %. I have no backlogs or gap years..i have over 3 years of experience in intellectual property rights dealing with 3gpp technologies such as lte, lte-a, 5g etc.. i have also worked on 802.11 related standards...apart from these i have worked on networking technologies such as rsvp, BGP, Ospf etc. Also familiar with cloud services such as virtualization saas paas etc.

I have scored 7.5 overall in ielts (r=8.5, L,S= 7, w=6.5)

Can someone please let me know my chances for some of the universities such as mcmaster, university of alberta, calgary,ottawa, victoria etc.?

As i have improved last 2 year percentage, will it be an advantage to me as most of the universities considers last 2 year gpa
?

Thanks in advance

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have done btech (ece) from thapar university with overall 65.3%. My last 2 year percentage is 75.6 %. I have no backlogs or gap years..i have over 3 years of experience in intellectual property rights dealing with 3gpp technologies such as lte, lte-a, 5g etc.. i have also worked on 802.11 related standards...apart from these i have worked on networking technologies such as rsvp, BGP, Ospf etc. Also familiar with cloud services such as virtualization saas paas etc.

I have scored 7.5 overall in ielts (r=8.5, L,S= 7, w=6.5)

Can someone please let me know my chances for some of the universities such as mcmaster, university of alberta, calgary,ottawa, victoria etc.?

As i have improved last 2 year percentage, will it be an advantage to me as most of the universities considers last 2 year gpa
?

Thanks in advance
Depends on your course. Have you done GRE? Isn't that a requirement?

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
You have a decent profile although most good unis require B+ average for last 2 years which is 82.5%. Maybe taking GRE will help you
My university from where i did my bachelor of engineering...they had very strict gpa system...you think that they would consider that..and in your opinion which canadian universities are in my reach with this profile coz now i do not have time to take GRE exam

Thanks in advance

Dhani

Mar 1, 2020
I don't know how they will look at it. I would say uOttawa, UVictoria, uCalgary and maybe uAlberta are within reach.
how about western university, what are my chances there? One thing more, they (western university) are done with the preliminary assessment of my application and have forwarded my application to the department. SHould I assume that I have at least passed their GPA requirement?

Thanks in advance.