+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Am I Gonna Go Through Upon Arrival in August in Canada!

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darling, sweetheart, BREATH!!!!! Have a peppermint tea, Darjeeling, coffee, beer, vodka, whetever you fancy, just BREATH! :p

You really need to stop listening to the people who are trying to scare you to death.

You will follow the line of people walking off the plane to passport control. There will be people there who will tell you which line you should go in to. You hand over your passport and paperwork to the immigrations officer who is sat in a little square cube asking you questions. He (or she) may send you to the next immigration officer where more questions are asked. You'll be fine. You have to convince the immigrationofficer that you are there to study and that you are willing and able to return to India when you have graduated. You might not want to tell them that you intend to stay in the country after your studies as that could send you straight back on the next flight, but you will be fine.

Stay calm, don't ramble.

You're panicking for what? You have your paperwork. I'm still waiting for mine.

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
  • You get your study permit at the point of entry into the Canada.
  • The immigration officers will ask you about your college, your course, place you're staying and future plans after study.

You should be asking these simple questions to your boyfriend as you mentioned he is a PR here. :)

VSK

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
softfuel12 said:
  • The immigration officers will ask you about your college, your course, place you're staying and future plans after study.

You should be asking these simple questions to your boyfriend as you mentioned he is a PR here. :)
What would be the apt answer for 'What would you like to do after the course?' ?
It's obvious that most of us would apply for a PGWP to work there.
Should we just say that we want to return to our home country? will they ask us to elaborate a little?
How exactly are we supposed to convince them?

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softfuel12 said:

hahahah TRUE!

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
yes its true most of us want to stay on and work....but its just better to say you'll go back.....thats what ive heard from friends that are already there....

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
VSK said:
What would be the apt answer for 'What would you like to do after the course?' ?
Should we just say that we want to return to our home country? will they ask us to elaborate a little?
I don't know about you but as per my background I said " I possess 3 years of experience in this field, I am here to add value to my experience by doing this course and afterwards, I will be going back to my country with better prospects.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VSK said:
I already adviced you about Google. There is also a great search function on this forum. Use it. Others have asked the same thing and they have been answered.

Also, no need to delete the content of your initial post to each thread you are starting. It just makes the thread look silly.

MandyKMF

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
itstime said:
I already adviced you about Google. There is also a great search function on this forum. Use it. Others have asked the same thing and they have been answered.

Also, no need to delete the content of your initial post to each thread you are starting. It just makes the thread look silly.
LOL ;D