+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes status on hold -do I need to pay my instution

rdangwal

Nov 28, 2019
My status is recently been changed to on hold after 35 days
Below is the mail which I recieved

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).

We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.

What would be my next step
-do I need to pay fee
-shall my institute reply on email to wes or they need to reply through post to Wes

Please provide your input

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).

We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.

-do I need to pay fee
-shall my institute reply on email to wes or they need to reply through post to Wes

Some institutes charge students for such verifications. You need to confirm it with your institution and pay any verification fee if they levy any.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States

-do I need to pay fee

Depends on your university. I had to pay a fee for the verification.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Does college need to send verification confirmation via email or post to wes
Many email them, many send their confirmations via post. Each institution has it's own method. I do not know about your university's. Mine responded via email and did not charge any verification email.

rdangwal

Nov 28, 2019
Many email them, many send their confirmations via post. Each institution has it's own method. I do not know about your university's. Mine responded via email and did not charge any verification email.

My status got recently changed back to in progress stating " we are processing new package or document for your application"

Does it mean my college have send verification back to Wes .do I need to follow up with college again or not ?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
My status got recently changed back to in progress stating " we are processing new package or document for your application"

Does it mean my college have send verification back to Wes .do I need to follow up with college again or not ?
You can confirm it with your college if they have responded. Or you could call WES and ask an update from them.