+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Robbed my PR :(

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
I got my WES ECA report in 2018 and it was completed, mailed to me and IRCC etc. My EE scores were not sufficient for an invite but I kept waiting and re-did IELTS to stay in pool. Finally two years later I got Alberta PNP in November as I had a Sibling in Alberta and applied for Permanent Residency Application.

Earlier this year IRCC cancelled my PR Application as it was incomplete because "A completed Education Credential Assessment (ECA) issued for immigration purposes was not included with your electronic application." I was pretty sure I included all my academic and ECA report as I kept a folder of everything I uploaded.

I did multiple webforms explaining It's attached and re-sent them the ECA report as well. One day I randomly checked WES account and saw the status on Hold for my report which was completed in 2018 and mailed to me as well. After multiple phone calls and Emails, I got to know that WES conducted a secondary verification of my documents and re-sent my university verification email and that's why they put my application on hold after I applied for PR and hence when IRCC checked ECA report it came as invalid and the reason my application was canceleld

I never got an email from WES regarding change in my application status. IRCC never replied to my Webforms, it's been almost 6 months. Only got standard webforms reply " thanks you for contact us and infomation has been forwarded, that's all.

It was dream to move to Canada but WES decided to put a completed report on hold, after three years, just when I applied for PR without any notification. It's a daylight robbery of my Dream to settle in Canada :(

I'm no longer interested in EE but thought to share the Journey, Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Unbelievable !

I can feel my blood boiling just by reading your post.

Talk to a very, very good lawyer and prepare your case carefully. After that, sue them to their bones. I am not joking, you should crush them.

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Unbelievable !

I can feel my blood boiling just by reading your post.

Talk to a very, very good lawyer and prepare your case carefully. After that, sue them to their bones. I am not joking, you should crush them.
Unfortunately IRCC is somewhat at no fault and WES have the power to put a application on Hold anytime, if they feel secondary check is needed, but that's not fair if report is issued once. You can't get an ITA anyday, and they should be clear about doing anything like that.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Unfortunately IRCC is somewhat at no fault and WES have the power to put a application on Hold anytime, if they feel secondary check is needed, but that's not fair if report is issued once. You can't get an ITA anyday, and they should be clear about doing anything like that.
WES can put an application on hold as many times as they want, as long as they notify you immidiately since the primary goal for you to do a credential evaluation is for immigration purposes and they should be aware that you might have applied in some form to the IRCC.

Plus, you got a PNP from Alberta, which I believe they have asked for an ECA and they have a cross-platform to verify your credentials with WES, no ?

Your fight is only with WES. You need to make a point with them, in court and with the media.

The Alberta PNP should still be valid or it expires when you get a final decision from IRCC ?

Reactions: dankboi

Speakofblessings

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
WES can put an application on hold as many times as they want, as long as they notify you immidiately since the primary goal for you to do a credential evaluation is for immigration purposes and they should be aware that you might have applied in some form to the IRCC.

Plus, you got a PNP from Alberta, which I believe they have asked for an ECA and they have a cross-platform to verify your credentials with WES, no ?

Your fight is only with WES. You need to make a point with them, in court and with the media.

The Alberta PNP should still be valid or it expires when you get a final decision from IRCC ?
You are so correct. My blood is boiling right now. Sue WES immediately. Why in the first place will they send you a completed report if they intend to do conduct a secondary check. Completed reports should only come when they are totally done. This is absolutely heart breaking and unacceptable

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Get a lawyer and sue WES for damages. If you win, you might prove to IRCC that it was WES fault and not yours, then they might reconsider your case.

D

Deleted member 1050918

You don't have to give up on your dreams mate:

- Obviously sue WES but know that it might take long(er) to get an outcome.

- I think the key player here who can save you more quickly is Alberta. I'd recommend talking to AINP with a clear and concise explanation of the situation while presenting proof (IRCC correspondences, WES correspondences, screenshots etc.) of what happened. I'd first make sure your new WES report is there and ready without issues. AINP might issue you another nomination certificate or give your further recommendations.

- If you got nominated by Alberta once, chances are you'd be nominated again since apparently your NOC is in demand in Alberta and having a sibling in AB boosts your chances. Once your new WES report is ready without issues, get back in the pool with a new EE profile and wait for an AINP NOI. Once nominated, you lose nothing but some time in terms of draws. The amount of time you lose may seem big but giving up on a dream may be bigger.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
If the wes issue is resolved then reach out to Alberta pnp to get renominated. Easier to sue Wes when you are in Canada.