+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES result - Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Did they accept ur one semester certificate? where you able to claim points for 2 or more certificate?
They ll not include college certi, one semester. I missed it while reading ur post. You ll not be able to claim point for college certi one semester, as it needs to be atlist 1yr certi, degree etc.

I had 2 college certi (one semester), 1 college certi (1yr), & 1 bachelor. So , i m able to choose 2 or more certi degree.

sangeshmishra3

Aug 31, 2018
Even Post graduation certificate (one semester ) doesn't make any difference right .Actually the course was for 1 year but they evaluated as one semester which is really upsetting .I Need to think other alternatives

Rajni8777

Feb 9, 2018
This is not true. Because in the education part of express entry form, we have to put qualifications individually and choose the exact credential given in the ECA for that particular qualification. As you can see that my diploma of business got Completion of college level certificate (1 year) which falls under 1 year certificate, diploma & degree AND for bachelor degree I choose bachelor and at the end the system does the calculation.

Please Note: I called WES regarding this and they said they only put highest degree achieved most of the time, sometimes they put all.
Can

Can you please tell me your university
And was it a year program?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Can

Can you please tell me your university
And was it a year program?
I did my diplomas and bachelor from a college. Bachelor 3yrs, 2 diplomas 6month each and 1diploma 1.5yrs.

Funny thing is, they gave 1yr credential for 6months diploma which saved my ass and gave 6months credential for the 1.5yr diploma. I dont know how they do the credentials. ;P

Reactions: psy347

sahani

May 23, 2019
What's the difference between BTEC level 7 the diploma or the extended diploma ?
The institute where I am taking this course informed me that this is an extended diploma.
Hello. Did you get the evaluation from wes for level 7 extended diploma? Kindly let me know

Sumit2711

Aug 25, 2018
I did my diplomas and bachelor from a college. Bachelor 3yrs, 2 diplomas 6month each and 1diploma 1.5yrs.

Funny thing is, they gave 1yr credential for 6months diploma which saved my ass and gave 6months credential for the 1.5yr diploma. I dont know how they do the credentials. ;P
Hello. I got completion of college level certificate (1 semester) in my ECA from WES . however, my program was of 1 year. Kindly help me out what to do next. Really need your advice

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
I have answered your private message.
hi please post the response here so we can learn too.
i am in the same shoes. My postgraduate certificate was evaluated as one semester. while my bachelors was evaluated as 4 years.
can i claim 2 or more certificates?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
hi please post the response here so we can learn too.
i am in the same shoes. My postgraduate certificate was evaluated as one semester. while my bachelors was evaluated as 4 years.
can i claim 2 or more certificates?
WES is making fusses lately with post graduate cert or dip and masters degree. It ll be wise to send it to other eca provider.

No, you cannot claim 2 or more. One semester means incomplete cert or degree. Incomplete degrees arent acceptable to claim points.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I am facing similar issue regarding BTEC, appreciate your feedback.
Following are the results as per evaluated by WES, should I list them all in Express Entry application or only the highest qualification?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential: Bachelor of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential: BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Canadian Equivalency: College-level postgraduate certificate (one semester)

3. Credential: Master of Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

If I need to list them all in the Education section of EE application, what should I fill for the Level of Education regarding the second credential mentioning ‘One Semester’ as this option is not listed; shall I select ‘One year program at a university, college..’?

Thank you
hey there, BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership was 60 credits or 120 credits in your case, this is scary your level 7 got evaluated as PG certificate one semester.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What's the difference between BTEC level 7 the diploma or the extended diploma ?
The institute where I am taking this course informed me that this is an extended diploma.
hi, did you evaluate your extended diploma? what was the ECA result?

Monty_Carlo

Jan 23, 2020
Hello. I got completion of college level certificate (1 semester) in my ECA from WES . however, my program was of 1 year. Kindly help me out what to do next. Really need your advice

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What was the name of your course. Which University? Please send all details