+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Report: Need help

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,

I did my B.Sc(Bachelor of Science) and M.Sc(Master Of Science) in India. When I did my WES report, the Canadian equivalent education is "Bachelor Degree"

Now my question is : Which option do i need to select when i am checking my points for EE.

1.Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institue
2.Two or more certificates,diplomas or degress. one must be for a program of three or more years

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shasai said:
Hi,

I did my B.Sc(Bachelor of Science) and M.Sc(Master Of Science) in India. When I did my WES report, the Canadian equivalent education is "Bachelor Degree"

Now my question is : Which option do i need to select when i am checking my points for EE.

1.Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institue
2.Two or more certificates,diplomas or degress. one must be for a program of three or more years
Points will be allocated to only highest degree..in it case is its Masters degree..so please select 'Masters degree' option..not sure how WES has evaluated with 'Bachelors' even though u have done masters...

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
shasai said:
Hi,

Hi, you must select option 1: Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

WES equivalency is all matters to CIC. DO NOT select "Master" as your degrees are not equivalent to Canadian masters.

You can contact WES for more information/clarification on how/why they did not consider your masters. Hope it helps. Best of luck.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shasai said:
Hi,

what is your canadian study ?

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for the reply... i did not study in Canada.

I am not selecting the Canada Master's, how ever i need to select one of the below.

1.Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2.Two or more certificates,diplomas or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shasai said:

I am not selecting the Canada Master's, how ever i need to select one of the below.

1.Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2.Two or more certificates,diplomas or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years
as per my knowledge that would be the second option because of the fact that you have a master degree and bachelor's.

pratik3687

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc -ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
shasai said:

since WES has evaluated your credentials as Bachelor degree, that's the one you should be putting in your EE profile.
select 1.Bachelor's Degree(three or more Years program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
DO NOT select MASTERS although u have done tat in india, WES evaluation is all that matters.!

jkohl

Jun 29, 2016
shasai said:
Hi,

I think they evaluated it as Bachelors as your total education is 3+2 years. Usually Bachelors like engineering and then masters is 4+2. In that case it would take it has MS level.

P.S Just my opinion and I am no expert :)

nooparajat

Jun 30, 2016
For WES,i need my mark list attested from controller of exam of the university my college is affiliated to. I have completed Bachelor of Fine Arts(BFA) which is a 4 year PG course and only the 1st and 4th year exams are conducted by university ,whereas the 2nd and 3rd year exams are conducted by the college(which is only internal evaluation) and even its mark list is printed with college name and not the university. What am i to do because Controller of exam may not give me attestation on 2nd and 3rd year mark list which is issued by the college and not university. Has anyone encountered the same problem? what am i to do? Please help....

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some people have also had this problem before. Is your Bachelors and Masters from the same university?

Since WES has evaluated as Bachelors then don't put Masters.

Or you should write to WES for a clarification and if they re evaluate you for something higher then you can fill that. Else go with Bachelors in my opinion.

crimsonautumn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shasai said:
Hi,

You should choose Bachelor's degree. As your degrees are 3+2 rather than 4+2, it has been treated as Bachelors.

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
PLEASE HELP !!!

My wife has a name change post marriage. Can any1 tell me wat will be the complications in getting her ECA with pre marriage name & then furnishing all other info wid post marriage name. Also wanted to check which all areas it can create troble. FYI her bank a/c, mrrg certy, aadhaar, passport, work ex letters, IT returns etc all are available for post mrrg name ?