+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES reference number ends on "/cm" - should I include that info in my EE profile

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
In the paper copy of my WES report, the reference number is 7 digits plus a slash and two letters: "cm", so it looks like this: "1212123/cm". However, when I open the online version of my WES report, it doesn't have this "suffix" (slash and letters), so my reference number online looks just like "1212123". Also, in the cover letter the WES sent to me, they write something to the effect of "attached is your report, reference number 1212123", without mentioning the "suffix", again. So, my questions are:
1. Do other people have suffixes like this, too?
2. Should I put this "suffix" into my Express Entry profile? That is, when asked for my credential assessment reference number, should I enter "1212123/cm", or just "1212123"? Does it make a difference? What do other people do?

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
fl_pie said:
In the paper copy of my WES report, the reference number is 7 digits plus a slash and two letters: "cm", so it looks like this: "1212123/cm". However, when I open the online version of my WES report, it doesn't have this "suffix" (slash and letters), so my reference number online looks just like "1212123". Also, in the cover letter the WES sent to me, they write something to the effect of "attached is your report, reference number 1212123", without mentioning the "suffix", again. So, my questions are:
1. Do other people have suffixes like this, too?
2. Should I put this "suffix" into my Express Entry profile? That is, when asked for my credential assessment reference number, should I enter "1212123/cm", or just "1212123"? Does it make a difference? What do other people do?
Just add the numbers I have done the same

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
anishsm said:
Just add the numbers I have done the same
Thanks for the reply. I wonder did anyone put the full number, with the suffix?

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
I did, if I remember it correctly, the profile asks for certificate/report reference #, and the only difference between the initial reference# and the one on the report (certificate) is the post fix... but I think both should be fine, no clear interpretation given for this...

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Add the complete reference number including the suffix.

Because if only the initial reference number was required no one would have to wait for their ECA evaluation to complete.

Hope that makes sense to you

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
sumit.singh.hallan said:
Add the complete reference number including the suffix.

Because if only the initial reference number was required no one would have to wait for their ECA evaluation to complete.

Hope that makes sense to you
Thanks! I think candidates would have to wait anyway, because CIC can check the status online by the number and find out if the evaluation has been completed or not. Still, better be safe than sorry.