+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

partht

Aug 31, 2019
Hey guys,
Firstly I thank everyone that shares their valuable insights/experiences on this forum.
The more I read this thread, the more confused I was.
My Case:-
I would like to apply for ECA IIRC.
I graduated B.Arch in Oct. 2015. and 1st and 2nd year marksheets are given by my college, the others by university of Mumbai.
1) Do I need to apply for transcripts specifically?
If yes, then
2) For 1st , 2nd year do I need transcript from the college in a sealed envelope and 3,4,5 from University?

3) Do I have to go to Kalina or Churchgate to obtain the said transcript?

4) After I get both sealed envelope, Can I put them in 1 big envelope which is not stamped and send it to WES?

Thanking you in anticipation.

SaeChal

Oct 1, 2019
Hey, I need to get my ECA done by WES for EE. I've read the entire thread and I felt fairly confident until I got back from the Churchgate office today.

A little background on me:
I've done BMM from Thakur College. FYBMM & SYBMM marksheets were issued by the college. TYBMM marksheets are issued by Mumbai University and after graduation I received a Convocation and a Passing Certificate from Mumbai University.

Here's what I've done so far for the ECA:

1. Got transcripts of Semesters I, II, III, IV, V, VI from Thakur College. They charged me Rs.1000 for this and put all the originals in an envelope and sealed it.

2. I took photocopies of the marksheets for Sem I, II, III, IV, V, VI + Convocation + Passing Certificate and submit it for attestation at the Churchgate Office today.

Now, I'm confused what to courier and how. What do I do the with the sealed envelope with the transcripts? Do I only need to courier the marksheets or do I need to courier the transcripts as well?

Any clarity on this will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey ! U got it done???

rohitd06

Oct 22, 2019
@amtak Thank you very much!

I have been trying to explain WES the issue through emails and calls but it is all in vain. Everytime i just get a robotic reply saying the same thing.

The issue is that for my Year 1 of engineering Semester 1 was conducted by college and Semester 2 was conducted by University of Mumbai. Hence Semester 1 marksheet is issued by College and Semester 2 marksheet by University. There is NO Year 1 marksheet that is issued by the university.

However WES is adamant on asking for Year 1 marksheet issued by the University.

What do you think is the solution to this?

Should i ask the university to clarify this issue in an application?

The letter that you mentioned which the university will provide, has a specific format and is the university aware of it?

Appreciate your support!

Thanks & Regards,
@Sachsiye

Hi,

Could you please confirm was your issue resolved?
If yes, then how you did it?
Facing same issue with WES as yours.

Thanks

gurubux

Oct 30, 2019
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs and they are very helpful.

I have complete my B.Eng in 2015 Mumbai University, and I have couple of questions.

Q1) Do we need to procure "transcripts" from college or university for WES ?

Q1) Can MU attest copies of Mark Sheets for sem 3-6 as well as sem 1,2,7,8 ?

This I ask because the WES website only specifies the need for,
1)Copy Degree Certificate (Can be sent directly to WES)
2)Attested copy of "Mark sheet / Statement of marks" (to be sent by the University)

Q2) What exactly is the degree certificate, is it the small Certificate we get along with SEM 8 Mark Sheet or the Convocation Certificate ?

The WES website link to required documents; https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

Thankyou :)

Any update on the query, I have the exact same questions. Kindly Guide further. Thanks

chi86

Nov 16, 2019
i have to apply for WES
issue is i don't have clarity on what documents is to be submitted and what's the procedure.
I have completed my engg in 2010 from Mumbai university. In this 1st and 4th year was by university and 2nd & 3rd by college.
So only transcripts from both college and university is required or all mark sheets also has to be attested by them and sent. On top of that i have got multiple ATKT mark sheets for each SEM, which i have lost. how do i move forward from here.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello, did they mail it to Canada WES themselves ? Has your document already been accepted by WES ? I heard bad reviews about them & WES sends the documents for re-evaluation so cant confirm if they are authentic ?

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019
I would like to tell you guys the process in detail.

for attestation
  1. Address : B Road, Church Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020. (Landmark Sydenham college)
  2. Before you visit above location make sure you get your transcripts(from your college sem 1 to sem 6) + degree certificate + passing certificate( results sem to sem 6). Create 2 sets of Xerox copies of above mentioned documents. Please don't attest it in any way. It must be clear Xerox copy without any remarks on it. If you forget this then no worries. There is a Xerox shop exactly opposite to building.
  3. From Wes website you get a form. Download it ( fill it before taking the printout) and take atleast 2 prints. If you forget this form you can get it from Xerox shop.
  4. Make sure you reach location at 8:15AM. There will be security guard with register. Put your name there and he will give you your token number. The actual process starts at 10:30 AM(officially :p) and they close it by 2:39PM sharp. So I would suggest reach there as early as possible.
  5. Around 10 they will give you application forms. Fill that form along with WES form. Rough values for University forms are (WES,CANADA,PR). These may change so take help of the staff. They will surely help you.
  6. Take all original documents with you(transcripts too). They check it and return it immediately. They will take one original transcripts along with WES form and Xerox of all marksheets and degree certificate. Please keep minimum 2 envolops with you. Better you buy it there only from the Xerox shop.
  7. Based on your token number they will send you inside. There is only one person who is processing these requests. So be patient. You need lots of it.
  8. You have to pay fees for attestation which is Rs12 per page. They accept only cash #digitalIndia. They will ask you to write Wes address with Wes case number on the envelope, carefully write it coz you can’t change it later. Then they take atleast 2 days to attest it. You have to show your payment receipt while taking the attested documents.
  9. Note that envelope is stamped but not sealed. So take out all the papers. Check on each paper you should be have 2 stamps and 1 signature. Envelope should be having stamp on seal area.
  10. After verification, go to blue dart office close to churchgate station or there’s professional courier person sitting on ground floor takes around Rs.1400 and courier it to Wes. Make sure you seal it right before sending(just glue it). They charge you approx Rs1500.
  11. Don't mention your name anywhere on the envelope. Don't choose any other location to courier. Courier boy knows everything so all you have to do is pay and they will do the rest.
  12. For M.Com done from IDOL or college, same process but ask for transcripts as well either from idol or college. Make sure to get degree certificate if you recently passed than ask for special certificate from university.
  13. If you confused about transcripts than simply ask college to mention which exam or semester held by college and which one held by university as they mention it and sign on it plus university sign on it too. There’s no chance of rejection coz you already cleared the confusion that Wes will have later.
  14. All the best. For any questions just ask.

oldie

Dec 1, 2019
I would like to tell you guys the process in detail.

for attestation
  1. Address : B Road, Church Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020. (Landmark Sydenham college)
  2. Before you visit above location make sure you get your transcripts(from your college sem 1 to sem 6) + degree certificate + passing certificate( results sem to sem 6). Create 2 sets of Xerox copies of above mentioned documents. Please don't attest it in any way. It must be clear Xerox copy without any remarks on it. If you forget this then no worries. There is a Xerox shop exactly opposite to building.
  3. From Wes website you get a form. Download it ( fill it before taking the printout) and take atleast 2 prints. If you forget this form you can get it from Xerox shop.
  4. Make sure you reach location at 8:15AM. There will be security guard with register. Put your name there and he will give you your token number. The actual process starts at 10:30 AM(officially :p) and they close it by 2:39PM sharp. So I would suggest reach there as early as possible.
  5. Around 10 they will give you application forms. Fill that form along with WES form. Rough values for University forms are (WES,CANADA,PR). These may change so take help of the staff. They will surely help you.
  6. Take all original documents with you(transcripts too). They check it and return it immediately. They will take one original transcripts along with WES form and Xerox of all marksheets and degree certificate. Please keep minimum 2 envolops with you. Better you buy it there only from the Xerox shop.
  7. Based on your token number they will send you inside. There is only one person who is processing these requests. So be patient. You need lots of it.
  8. You have to pay fees for attestation which is Rs12 per page. They accept only cash #digitalIndia. They will ask you to write Wes address with Wes case number on the envelope, carefully write it coz you can’t change it later. Then they take atleast 2 days to attest it. You have to show your payment receipt while taking the attested documents.
  9. Note that envelope is stamped but not sealed. So take out all the papers. Check on each paper you should be have 2 stamps and 1 signature. Envelope should be having stamp on seal area.
  10. After verification, go to blue dart office close to churchgate station or there’s professional courier person sitting on ground floor takes around Rs.1400 and courier it to Wes. Make sure you seal it right before sending(just glue it). They charge you approx Rs1500.
  11. Don't mention your name anywhere on the envelope. Don't choose any other location to courier. Courier boy knows everything so all you have to do is pay and they will do the rest.
  12. For M.Com done from IDOL or college, same process but ask for transcripts as well either from idol or college. Make sure to get degree certificate if you recently passed than ask for special certificate from university.
  13. If you confused about transcripts than simply ask college to mention which exam or semester held by college and which one held by university as they mention it and sign on it plus university sign on it too. There’s no chance of rejection coz you already cleared the confusion that Wes will have later.
  14. All the best. For any questions just ask.
Wow ! That's a great detailed informative bit for a newbie like me. Appreciate the effort you have put it.

Request you for two small clarifications :
1. When I completed my graduation, in the last century, all the examinations were conducted by the University and I have mark-sheets for each year (not semester) from the University itself. In this case, I suppose, I should not be required to go to the college at all. Is my understanding correct ?
2. I have mark-sheets for FY and SY each. I also have a Passing Certificate for FY and one for SY. Do I need to carry these too ?

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
Wow ! That's a great detailed informative bit for a newbie like me. Appreciate the effort you have put it.

1. When I completed my graduation, in the last century, all the examinations were conducted by the University and I have mark-sheets for each year (not semester) from the University itself. In this case, I suppose, I should not be required to go to the college at all. Is my understanding correct ?
2. I have mark-sheets for FY and SY each. I also have a Passing Certificate for FY and one for SY. Do I need to carry these too ?

Please see my comments below:
1. When I completed my graduation, in the last century, all the examinations were conducted by the University and I have mark-sheets for each year (not semester) from the University itself. In this case, I suppose, I should not be required to go to the college at all. Is my understanding correct ? --- Yes, just go to your university.
2. I have mark-sheets for FY and SY each. I also have a Passing Certificate for FY and one for SY. Do I need to carry these too ? ---- not needed.

Reactions: oldie

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
Hello, did they mail it to Canada WES themselves ? Has your document already been accepted by WES ? I heard bad reviews about them & WES sends the documents for re-evaluation so cant confirm if they are authentic ?
Mumbai University will not ship to an international address, you need to collect the sealed envelope and ship it to WES on your own.

oldie

Dec 1, 2019
This is specifically for WES for IRCC (immigration) purposes.
When I check on the WES website for Required Documents for a Bachelor's Degree from India it lists only the following two :
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)
2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks

Further, when I go in to my application on WES there are the following additional details :
Special Requirements for University of Mumbai:
University of Mumbai awarded B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Eng., and B.Arch.
B.A., B.Sc., B.Com.
Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

So, where do 'Transcripts' figure in the scheme of things ? Apparently, all that is needed is the Degree Certificate and the Mark Sheets to be attested by the Controller of Examinations, University of Mumbai.

Or am I missing something extremely basic ?

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019

yes you do not need to visit college as results clearly issued by university but you will need to apply for transcripts through university and than you have to take it to Churchgate office to get it attested with other document I have mentioned earlier which also includes all your mark sheet and certificates.

Last edited:

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019
When I check on the WES website for Required Documents for a Bachelor's Degree from India it lists only the following two :

Further, when I go in to my application on WES there are the following additional details :
B.A., B.Sc., B.Com.
Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

So, where do 'Transcripts' figure in the scheme of things ? Apparently, all that is needed is the Degree Certificate and the Mark Sheets to be attested by the Controller of Examinations, University of Mumbai.

Yes brother you are missing the part where in detail they ask for transcripts because transcripts explain how the score system is given in your results. There’s a reason why transcripts are made. So unless you feel like putting efforts twice I recommend getting the transcripts.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

B.A., B.Sc., B.Com.

Exactly my point. WES clearly states they dont accept transcripts & need only mark-sheets. My question is what if your bachelor is a specialization. In my case Hotel Management. How does that fit in ? FY & SY mark-sheets issued by college & third year from Mumbai university.