+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

Dec 15, 2018
Dear Experts,
I passed B.E. from Mumbai, in 1998.
I want to get WES assessment done for my B.E. mark sheets and certificates.
Following is my understanding from the various threads in this forum;
1. Get transcripts (attested copies) of all 8 semesters and degree certificate, from College. (Do not seal the envelope)
2. Submit these transcripts to MU Churchgate office.
3. Ask them to send the MU attested copies to WES. ( as per few threads, MU is not sending the copies to WES. Is there any solution?)

Please confirm the above understanding.
MU doesn’t have a process where they can send directly to WES

MNP1977

Dec 20, 2018
MU doesn’t have a process where they can send directly to WES
Transcripts attestation procedure (for 1998 passed batch):
We get the transcripts (signed by Principal), from College.
Take these transcripts to MU for attestation.
Q1. MU will attest the Transcript and B.E. certificate. But, MU will not attest 1998 batch mark sheets. Correct?
Q2. So, do we need to still get the mark sheets attested from the College.
Q3. If answer to Q2 is yes, then do we need to send these attested copies to WES in sealed envelope, without MU seals? In at case, we will send MU attested transcripts + B.E. certificate as well as College attested mark sheets. Is that really required?

vigneshvkumar

Jan 1, 2019
Hi,

I had completed my BMS from SIES(E) college(2006-2009). I had applied for transcripts from my college. They have sent me 5 envelopes with college seal. Can someone please let me know what is the procedure to get the transcripts from Mumbai university. Should i apply again or I need to take the envelopes given by my college to Mumbai University?

Thanks in Advance
Vignesh

lsof284

Jan 1, 2019
Some updates :

1. So I visited the Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan in Churchgate. (https://goo.gl/maps/PYvJwH7oyGU2). The process is identical to what most people described. I am still not sure if they will attest the copy of university marksheets against college transcripts , although the guy apparently told me they will (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS). However I overheard an interesting conversation about WES (not related to my case but still I thought I'd mention.

So apparently,for MBA graduates, WES only recognizes MBA courses from certain colleges such as IIMs as two year courses. This also applies to MMS courses. But something like PGDM, even from reputed colleges(for instance JBIMS), MAYBE considered only as a 1 year specialization instead of a two year masters. In case anyone is in a similar boat, please research and query WES before paying them.

2. I was digging up stuff on the internet and came across this :
@zagcollins FYR
https://ves.ac.in/vesit/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/01/PROCEDURE-FOR-DUPLICATE-MARKSHEET-OF-MUMBAI-UNIVERSITY.pdf

The site in the aforementioned document :
https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en

Has anyone tried this site? Its a legitimate Government of Maharashtra site. They claim they are officially mandated to deliver (at doorstep) requested educational documents within days from the date of request. I am thinking of giving this a shot, alongwith the other process, just incase WES doesn't accept the marksheet copies and still wants University transcripts.

3. I also applied to one of the colleges for transcripts, and will be applying to the second college tomorrow. My strategy so far has been to apply for 3 sets of transcripts from each college. I am gonna give one attempt to send these documents (as outlined in 1) and if somehow it doesnt pan out, I have another sealed set of college transcripts that I can send (saves me the effort of applying to college again). And in tandem I am anyway thinking of applying via aaplesarkar and see if that pans out. Alternatively if this doesnt work, I'll find someway to go to MU Kalina and find a way there.

Sorry for wall of ramble, I am still trying to figure this whole process. I am yet to get any idea about the whole University mailing documents bit, and if I find any information, I will keep you guys posted.

@n2cool you were right about this bit. Her WES account does mention University needs to send the document directly. You have saved me a wasted attempt, thanks a lot for that! Though I still need to figure how their mailing process works.

https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en

Did this link work for anyone ? If it does, it might be useful for folks not living in India.

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
Hi All,

Planning to get my assessment done from WES. As I am currently not based out of India, please let me know how I can get the transcripts out to WES. I do have transcripts with me in a college sealed envelope which were issued a couple of years ago.

Regards,
Stephen Coutinho
Hi Stephen,

For WES, you need Mumbai university transcripts and not college transcripts, unless your college is autonomous, i.e Your degree and mark sheets were issued by your college and not the university.

If you have any other query or need help with the transcripts procurement, drop us an email at ContactUs@mailtranscripts.com

Thanks!

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
Hi,

I had completed my BMS from SIES(E) college(2006-2009). I had applied for transcripts from my college. They have sent me 5 envelopes with college seal. Can someone please let me know what is the procedure to get the transcripts from Mumbai university. Should i apply again or I need to take the envelopes given by my college to Mumbai University?

Thanks in Advance
Vignesh
Hi Vignesh,

Mumbai University will not attest college transcripts, also, once the college transcripts envelope is open, it's useless.

You will have to process transcripts from Mumbai University separately. If you have any other query or need help with the transcripts procurement, drop us an email at ContactUs@mailtranscripts.com

janrego

Jan 12, 2019
Hi,
I am currently out of India and will give an authorization letter to my relative to do the needful to get my documents ready - any and all tips will be really helpful. As per my understanding - these are the steps for the documents to be sent to WES -

1. Go to St, Xavier's college with the original marksheets for FY, SY and TY along with photocopies and ask for a transcript. Carry an envelope and ask the college to seal it with the stamp and signature.
2. Once you get the transcript in a sealed envelope, then go to the MU campus at Churchgate to make the required payment, present your originals (again the marksheets and passing certificate/ convocation cetificate) and 2 black and white copies of all your documents along with the envelopes.
3. Get Mumbai university to seal the envelope with the transcript envelopes within and pay them to courier the envelope directly to WES (as per the new requirements issued from 1st Dec, 2018)

Do let me know if these are the steps to be taken.

Sanchayan

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all,
I have been told by Mumbai University and Two Uni in Kolkata (Kalyani and Rabindra Bharati) that they will not send the Academic records to WES directly. The student has to collect envelopes and send them to WES. This is not according to what WES new rules requires.
I have written to WES including some of their higher officials requesting them to suggest any alternative method or write to the Indian University registrars notifying the change in process. I have not received any response yet.
Suggest all of you facing the same problem keep mailing them. They need to realise that Indian Unis have some old rigid process which is not easy to change.
We pay for the review and they can always get in touch with the Uni to verify our credentials. The new rule ease their verification process but creates havoc for us.
CES of University of Toronto is another registered ECA; I am trying to call them to clarify if they have such rigid process as WES but am not able to get through long hold. The other ECA reviewers have similar process as WES for receiving Academic records from Indian applicants - Uni to send documents directly to them.

khanjanmehta

Nov 2, 2018
Hi all,
I have been told by Mumbai University and Two Uni in Kolkata (Kalyani and Rabindra Bharati) that they will not send the Academic records to WES directly. The student has to collect envelopes and send them to WES. This is not according to what WES new rules requires.
I have written to WES including some of their higher officials requesting them to suggest any alternative method or write to the Indian University registrars notifying the change in process. I have not received any response yet.
Suggest all of you facing the same problem keep mailing them. They need to realise that Indian Unis have some old rigid process which is not easy to change.
We pay for the review and they can always get in touch with the Uni to verify our credentials. The new rule ease their verification process but creates havoc for us.
CES of University of Toronto is another registered ECA; I am trying to call them to clarify if they have such rigid process as WES but am not able to get through long hold. The other ECA reviewers have similar process as WES for receiving Academic records from Indian applicants - Uni to send documents directly to them.
Any Update on this?

Sanchayan

Jan 15, 2019
No they have been answering me with the same stipulated response of their rigid new process. I have written to them to cancel my application and process my refund. The only option is CES of university of Toronto they will provide ECA too but their charge is per credential CAD 210 and time too is minimum 4 weeks; other than this no option.

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Guys,

I already had the sealed marksheets from the University of Mumbai. Currently, I stay in the United States, is there any update in WES Canada process for Mumbai University? Can I send the sealed transcripts which I have?

ishtiaqstudent

Jan 7, 2019
Hello Guys,

I already had the sealed marksheets from the University of Mumbai. Currently, I stay in the United States, is there any update in WES Canada process for Mumbai University? Can I send the sealed transcripts which I have?
As per the new rules the transcripts must and should be sent by the institution/university only.
Applicants mailing sealed transcripts provided by the institution/university will not be accepted by WES.

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
As per the new rules the transcripts must and should be sent by the institution/university only.
Applicants mailing sealed transcripts provided by the institution/university will not be accepted by WES.
I did read about that but Mumbai University doesn't have an option to send directly

SAND1193

Mar 24, 2018
Can someone please help me?

i have my transcripts from a college in mumbai for Bcom.( All 6 semesters sealed in an envelope)
i also have my 3rd year marksheet copies attested and sealed by uni of mumbai with the degree certificate.

Does this mean all i have to do is put both these seales envelopes in a larger one and send it off to wes?