+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES failed to recognize my 2 year PGDM from reputed institution..What next?!

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
Help!!! I have done my PGDM from Symbiosis (SCMHRD), India. WES did not consider my 2 year course and evaluated only my engineering. I sent a response back to WES stating that the college has been established under UGC and accredited by NAAC. The response I got was "AICTE is responsible for accreditation/ recognition in India. It does not accredit institutions as a whole but rather, individual program of study. According to our resources, the program you enrolled in is not accredited"

Should I now attempt to evaluate through CES or would it be futile? I am not sure if they also go by AICTE recommendation of individual courses. Appreciate your inputs...

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
VISHAN78 said:
Help!!! I have done my PGDM from Symbiosis (SCMHRD), India. WES did not consider my 2 year course and evaluated only my engineering. I sent a response back to WES stating that the college has been established under UGC and accredited by NAAC. The response I got was "AICTE is responsible for accreditation/ recognition in India. It does not accredit institutions as a whole but rather, individual program of study. According to our resources, the program you enrolled in is not accredited"

Should I now attempt to evaluate through CES or would it be futile? I am not sure if they also go by AICTE recommendation of individual courses. Appreciate your inputs...
Please refer the following discussion about PGDM from India assessment by WES. Check for comments on pg 2 that offers some help.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-pgdm-from-india-considered-as-masters-level-education-for-fsw-t243862.0.html

On a separate note have you considered comparing getting assessed your bachelor's degree vs PGDM. Is PGDM giving you more points? by more I don't mean 1-2 but min 5-6 more.

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
Wouldn't I be getting more points if I have more than one degree? I have done my B.E. and with my IELTS score, I am getting 13 points, while if I consider my PGDM I get 25 points.... Can anyone suggest if I can evaluate my PGDM through CES (I believe the approval rate is higher compared to WES)... Any help!

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
VISHAN78 said:

Hi Vishan, was this FULL TIME with Symbiosis ?

Dec 15, 2019
Sailing on the same boat with WES awarding four years bachelors against my two years full time PGDM from an AICTE approved autonomous college BIMHRD Pune. Now I am thinking to go for CES in hope of getting Masters. Can someone share their experience if Masters is awarded or not by CES for PGDM? Also, if I submit my three years B.COM graduation also for evaluation, will it help to get Masters?