+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation for Integrated Masters Degree (5 year Integrated Degree) - Help!

mithunio

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sarikar,

Could you please explain what do you mean by "... they have given only degree equivalence to me".

Which degree equivalence? Please tell your exact wordings of the WES result here.

Thanks,
Mithun

Liara

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
sarikar said:
Hi SuganyaNanthan/Liara,

I have completed my Msc 5 year integrated software engineering from CUSAT, kochi India .
When i submit the documents for WES evaluation before three months, they have given only degree equivalence to me. I approached them again by mail to re evaluate my documents as I have done Masters . But two times they replied me back that, there is no change in the completed report.
I am in complete dilemma now, how to convince them again to get my Masters equivalence. Its really affecting my immigration points . Could you advice me what I can do for this? If you can, could you please share your wes ref no: or your full name so that I can inform them like my course is also same like you and request them to re evaluate.?
I second the previous question. What exactly did they tell you and what is "only degree equivalence"?
Did they downgrade your degree to Bsc?

redfox05

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
United Kingdom
NOC Code......
2173 Software engineers and designers
App. Filed.......
25/01/2016
AOR Received.
25/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29/01/2016
Passport Req..
07/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/2016 (Not exact for security)
LANDED..........
07/2016 (Not exact for security)
Sarikar, happy to help, but as those 2 posters above said, you need to explain this degree equivalency they have given you.

You do know that that is what WES do, they give you a report to state the degree equivalency of your degree back home, and tell you what it is equivalent to in Canada.

Just post the exact copy and paste of your whole report (it should only be a few paragraphs) and just remove all reference numbers/personal information.

bitbytes0110

Nov 21, 2016
Hello @mithunio,

I am from Anna University too, studied the same course (MSc 5 years integrated) 2008 batch. Can you please post your WES results ?

Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Anand Sekar

jinjuash143

Feb 4, 2017
Hello @bitbytes0110..

Thanks - Even i've done 5 years MS (Software Engg) at VIT , Vellore.
In the WES degree Equivalency tool - when i try to enter the Master's option .i.e., when i selecting -- Master of Science -- write S/w Engg -- No of years - Max i see is only 3.

Please advise how should i enter this?

I'll enter based on your reply.

Thanks
Ash

Nov 15, 2017
Hello @bitbytes0110..

Thanks - Even i've done 5 years MS (Software Engg) at VIT , Vellore.
In the WES degree Equivalency tool - when i try to enter the Master's option .i.e., when i selecting -- Master of Science -- write S/w Engg -- No of years - Max i see is only 3.

Please advise how should i enter this?

I'll enter based on your reply.

Thanks
Ash
Hi.

Even I have done same course from VIT and I'm facing the same problem.please tell me what you did to overcome this problem?

Nov 15, 2017
Hi i recently got My WES ECA for my course MS(Software Engineering)(5 year Integrated) .... Canadian Equivalency is Bachelor's +master's Degree.
Even I have done MS Software Engineering course in VIT University, Vellore. It's a 5 year integrated course. What should I enter in degree field for wes profile? When I chose master of science, years of study field is showing 1,2 and 3 years as options.. There is no 5 years in the list. Please help me.

Sep 28, 2015
Even I have done MS Software Engineering course in VIT University, Vellore. It's a 5 year integrated course. What should I enter in degree field for wes profile? When I chose master of science, years of study field is showing 1,2 and 3 years as options.. There is no 5 years in the list. Please help me.
Hi i have selected 3 years but when we proceed further there will be option like years of study ,where i have mentioned 5 years

msakthis

Dec 19, 2017
@SuganyaNanthan : Is it like we can select master of science with 3 years and then years attended we can give as 5 years?
Also please let me know whether we have to provide our 10th(Secondary) and 12th (Higher Secondary) Examination certificates as well for evaluation.

link2arj

Dec 2, 2017
I received my WES evaluation for M.Sc. Computer Science & Technology (5yr integrated course) from Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering (Madras University). WES equated my 5 year M.Sc. course to Masters degree in Canada.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi All,

I technically have the same issue. I'm sending my documents for WES evaluation tomorrow. I have studied 5 years Marine and Mechanical engineering and got out of the university with a Master's degree with final exams: State Exam and Master's Thesis/ Essay . When I checked my WES equivalency tool, the results were Bachelor's and Masters's degree which confuses me a lot. Firstly, I'm not sure if this is how they will actually evaluate it, and secondly if they do it like that, will CIC consider that I have Master's degree as well?

Last edited:

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
I got my WES report yesterday
-----------------------------------------------
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master
Year: 2017
Awarded By: ...
Major/Specialization: ...
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

How do I calculate this result when I apply, it is confusing indeed, I have completed an INTEGRATED 5 year Master's Degree program in engineering. Could anyone with the same or similar result who had already applied for PR tell me what do I need to know when submitting my application, also, why does it state above Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree and then CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree. Does it mean that WES has accepted my degree as Master's or Bachelor's and master's ?

shaldeep

Aug 9, 2018
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master
Year: 2017
Awarded By: ...
Major/Specialization: ...
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

How do I calculate this result when I apply, it is confusing indeed, I have completed an INTEGRATED 5 year Master's Degree program in engineering. Could anyone with the same or similar result who had already applied for PR tell me what do I need to know when submitting my application, also, why does it state above Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree and then CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree. Does it mean that WES has accepted my degree as Master's or Bachelor's and master's ?
hey hi,

I have submitted my Masters degree to WES and it says mine is on HOLD as they have received my documents and have sent them to VIT University for verification.
I hope if you had gone through the same process, do let me know if the University would reply back to WES and how long will it take. Also is there any cost involved to pay to VIT for them to verify.

Thanks in Advance