+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - ECA - Need clarity. - Please help

Mar 21, 2018
Hello All,

I have recently sent my transcripts to WES for education evaluation. Let me give you a grief about my education summary.

a) I have completed my high school (10th) in year 2000.
b) After 10th,I have completed 3 years engineering diploma in electronics and communication engineering from polytechnic in year 2003.
c) Post completion of diploma, I took lateral entry (2nd year) in B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering and completed my degree in year 2006.

Keeping my education in mind, please guide me whether I am eligible to select "two or more certificates diplomas or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years" as I have both diploma and degree in engineering and both are of three years duration.

Please reply.

-Thanks
Natasha Sharma

jankidas

Mar 18, 2018
Hello All,

I have recently sent my transcripts to WES for education evaluation. Let me give you a grief about my education summary.

b) After 10th,I have completed 3 years engineering diploma in electronics and communication engineering from polytechnic in year 2003.
c) Post completion of diploma, I took lateral entry (2nd year) in B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering and completed my degree in year 2006.

Keeping my education in mind, please guide me whether I am eligible to select "two or more certificates diplomas or degrees. one must be for a program of three or more years" as I have both diploma and degree in engineering and both are of three years duration.

Please reply.

-Thanks
Natasha Sharma
Most probably it would evaluate to Bachelors degree 4 year , since the highest degree is bachelors.

earthwasi

Feb 26, 2018
Hello All,

Please reply.

-Thanks
Natasha Sharma

Hi,
You should try the Degree Equivalency Evaluator on the WES website to get a better idea about your qualification.

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

All the best!

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,
You should try the Degree Equivalency Evaluator on the WES website to get a better idea about your qualification.

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

All the best!

Hey, thank you so much for the link provided.

I have gone through this link earlier, the main issue I am facing is since I took lateral entry in B.Tech. which is 2nd year, my b.tech is of three year duration and so is my diploma. whereas in this link we need to provide 4 years for B.Tech which is not my case.

Can someone please help :( ?

earthwasi

Feb 26, 2018
Maybe what you could do is write to WES directly and explain your situation.

https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/

I had written to them previously regarding clarification of an Indian institute not being listed under autonomous category. They replied after a few days and made note of our issue and added the college to their list.