+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES delays due to increased volume of ECA applications?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Has anyone received their completed ECA from WES in the last week or two, and if so, how long did it take? My application has been "Evaluation in Progress" for almost 3 weeks now and WES are no longer offering to expedite their evaluations for additional fees. I had believed from reading comments on these boards that it would only take a few days after they received my docs but this is proving not to be the case, is anyone else experiencing delays with their ECA from WES?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Really? Hmmmm that is not encouraging... are you still waiting on yours donnatee? I checked the other education evaluators approved by CIC and their wait times are outrageous, almost 4 months for ICAS

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Conor9900 said:
Has anyone received their completed ECA from WES in the last week or two, and if so, how long did it take? My application has been "Evaluation in Progress" for almost 3 weeks now and WES are no longer offering to expedite their evaluations for additional fees. I had believed from reading comments on these boards that it would only take a few days after they received my docs but this is proving not to be the case, is anyone else experiencing delays with their ECA from WES?
When did they receive your complete file !! Did they ask you varification from your university!!! Like myself they received my complete file on Jan 22 and 4th Feb. they were asking for varificatiom from my University. Then they received varified doc on feb 12 , now it's showing evaluation in progress. Don't know when evaluation will be complete .

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
They received my materials on 29th January. As far as I know they have not asked my university for additional verification as the status never changed to "Waiting for verification from institution". I hope they have not gone back to my university as they are slow to reply, it is frustrating not being able to complete this step as I would have done so in October of last year had CIC been updating the cap for CEC applications

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Conor9900 said:
They received my materials on 29th January. As far as I know they have not asked my university for additional verification as the status never changed to "Waiting for verification from institution". I hope they have not gone back to my university as they are slow to reply, it is frustrating not being able to complete this step as I would have done so in October of last year had CIC been updating the cap for CEC applications
So that , they received your application after me , well wait they might will ask you for varification , might not . Yes I made the same mistake , we should have done before Jan.

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case it was in "Evaluation in Progress" from the day they received the first documents. It took a while for my university to send them the rest of the documents for WES to make progress. All this time it said "Evaluation in Progress".

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Do you know how long they took to complete the evaluation once they had actually received your university transcripts toben? The agents know nothing when you call them, they can't tell you anything specific or helpful. Much like CIC....

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Crazy. Cheers for your input, hopefully we'll both get it in the next few days in order to be ready for the next draw

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
I sent my application on Jan 29th , 2015 and last week Thu- Fri some time around my status change to "Evaluation- In progress" . I don't know how long they take...

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
I just checked my account now, it is saying, The estimated completion date of your evaluation report is: March 16, 2015. :( . If it takes very long, I'll apply without ECA.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
You should go ahead and apply to Express Entry without your ECA anyway, you have nothing to loose but you just wont have your full points until your ECA is done. When your ECA comes in, you can update your profile and you will get the extra points - that's what I have done and I will update my profile when it arrives. Where in your WES account does it tell you your estimated completion date? I can't see one on mine

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Conor9900 said:
Do you know how long they took to complete the evaluation once they had actually received your university transcripts toben? The agents know nothing when you call them, they can't tell you anything specific or helpful. Much like CIC....
3 days.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Conor9900 said:
You should go ahead and apply to Express Entry without your ECA anyway, you have nothing to loose but you just wont have your full points until your ECA is done. When your ECA comes in, you can update your profile and you will get the extra points - that's what I have done and I will update my profile when it arrives. Where in your WES account does it tell you your estimated completion date? I can't see one on mine
While you click on ref# you will see a new display comes up.

Quick Links, My Account My Orders, Order Details, My Documents something like that,

Click on my order details , then you will be able to see , Evaluation status. estimated time will show in order details.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
I did my ECA both with WES and ICAS. They both got the files on the same day.

Wes took 1 week (in October 2014).

ICAS took 4 months... And they didn't evaluated me correctly.

So even if WES' customer service is bad, they are still miles ahead of ICAS.

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
donnatee said:
WES staff are xenophobic b.astards. I submitted my application in December. Sometime in January my status went from 'Evaluation in Progress' to 'Waiting for verification from institution'. The bottomline is if they pick on you based on where you got your qualification from, your ECA may take an eternity to complete!
i am in the same boat waiting for two months now, yesterday the status changed into received the docs from institution after verification