+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Amity University not recognize

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Just received my amity university master evaluation from WES today and it says It is a non recognize institution.

Anyone here who has got that evaluated from any other organization.

Please suggest.

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Was it full time or part time?
It was part time. But it has no relevance, I know people who got their part time degree evaluated from WES. But I believe that UGC has not given clarity on its website about the recognization of Amity, which is creating a hurdle.

I have contacted Amity and they are ready to provide letter of UGC recognization, so I am thinking to get those letters first.

Also, I am thinking to go for IQAS or any other organization and looking for any one having experience of ECA done for Amity, with any other oraganization apart from WES.

Reactions: gaurul.c

najwa123

Sep 18, 2017
this is really sad to know as I am planning for Amity too... btw did you do amity online degree or on campus?
Just received my amity university master evaluation from WES today and it says It is a non recognize institution.

Please suggest.

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hi All,

I have finally received my IQAS for MBA(2 years) Distance Education from Amity University. And it says equivalent to Masters Degree.
For all students who are pass out from Amity University can go for IQAS and they need 2 documents
1. Certificate of recognition from Amity University issued by registrar or Director(This will have UGC letter no. for recognition)
2. Get copy of letters from UGC, go to UGC office and get the letter of recognition for the year, you took admission.

Send these along with IQAS application, and you will get it done.

Reactions: Manoj Dhiman

Nipun Beri

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Prateek,

Thanks for sharing this useful information, can you please share more details as to where and whom you contacted in amity and ugc to get these documents. It will be great if you can share more details.

Regards,
Nipun

Nreet

Jan 24, 2018
Does any one know if one year distance post graduate diploma from amity gets evaluated for canada pr for two or more degree or certificates? I have already done 4 year bachelors.

Reactions: Tlhrfi

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
I am practically on the same boat here, I have a bachelor degree as an alternate meaning that I integrated directly into third year of study Distance Education, WES accepted my degree certificate an recognised it but it considered my transcript as incomplete requesting me to send them year one and two which I never took in that university, how can I overcome this ? thanks.

awais.ali

Apr 8, 2018
I am exactly in the same situation as you Abdelilah and Nreet. I have already done the ECA of my 4 year Bachelor degree. I now plan to enroll for the PGDIT 1-year diploma from Amity online to improve my score. Any help from experienced members would be greatly appreciated.

Was anyone able to get an ECA for this diploma?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: RahulSh@rma

Canadahelp123

Jul 8, 2018
Hi All,

I have finally received my IQAS for MBA(2 years) Distance Education from Amity University. And it says equivalent to Masters Degree.
For all students who are pass out from Amity University can go for IQAS and they need 2 documents
1. Certificate of recognition from Amity University issued by registrar or Director(This will have UGC letter no. for recognition)
2. Get copy of letters from UGC, go to UGC office and get the letter of recognition for the year, you took admission.

Send these along with IQAS application, and you will get it done.
Hello Prateek - When did you completed your Master's? I believe the letter would be general for all the students. I wanted to confirm if you have the copy of both the letters pls do send it to me @denoloves2004@yahoo.com
Kindly mention UGC Document in the subject line. Your action and efforts are really helping all of us.
Thanks and god bless you :)

prateek117

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hello Prateek - When did you completed your Master's? I believe the letter would be general for all the students. I wanted to confirm if you have the copy of both the letters pls do send it to me @denoloves2004@yahoo.com
Kindly mention UGC Document in the subject line. Your action and efforts are really helping all of us.
Thanks and god bless you :)

Firstly, it was not general letter, except for ugc. I requested director of Amity distance learning, and they know about wes issue.
For ugc letter I went to ugc office near India gate, they were very nice people, they gave me a print out of letter issued to Amity to conduct the course for the year, when I took admission. So let me know what course and years of admission is yours, then I can suggest.

So ultimately, I want to share one thing, whatever course it is , whatever University it is,, just get the letter from ugc and send it to iqas along with application and explain about this on area given for explanation in the application form. If you have this ugc letter no one can stop you, IQAS clearly says on their website, that they follow UGC for any recognition.

This letter is also published in the admission brochure, at the time when we take admission.

Hope this will help everyone here suffering from Wes evaluation.

Canadahelp123

Jul 8, 2018
Firstly, it was not general letter, except for ugc. I requested director of Amity distance learning, and they know about wes issue.
For ugc letter I went to ugc office near India gate, they were very nice people, they gave me a print out of letter issued to Amity to conduct the course for the year, when I took admission. So let me know what course and years of admission is yours, then I can suggest.

So ultimately, I want to share one thing, whatever course it is , whatever University it is,, just get the letter from ugc and send it to iqas along with application and explain about this on area given for explanation in the application form. If you have this ugc letter no one can stop you, IQAS clearly says on their website, that they follow UGC for any recognition.

This letter is also published in the admission brochure, at the time when we take admission.

Hope this will help everyone here suffering from Wes evaluation.
Thanks for the information. I have done distance learning M.B.A. course form university batch 2015-2017. I was asking in case if the letter is general than I can at least skip one of the step and can start with the other. Because it will be difficult for me to get both the letters as I am in Canada at the moment.

Also, is it mandatory to send both the letters to IQAS? If it is in that case I have no other option sending some one on behalf of me to collect the same.

Can you please help me with the process.

Canadahelp123

Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the information. I have done distance learning M.B.A. course form university batch 2015-2017. I was asking in case if the letter is general than I can at least skip one of the step and can start with the other. Because it will be difficult for me to get both the letters as I am in Canada at the moment.

Also, is it mandatory to send both the letters to IQAS? If it is in that case I have no other option sending some one on behalf of me to collect the same.

Can you please help me with the process.

Can you please help me with the process. Also, can you pls provide me your email id so that I can verify once the documents received.

Darshpreet87

Jul 11, 2018

Please suggest.
Can you please tell how to get WES done from Amity University ? Would i have to visit ? Whom do i have to meet there? My younger brother did his full time PGD from Amity in 2015-16.