22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Dear Forum readers,

I've looked here and online for information on what I heard in a TV Ontario episode of The Agenda as a "Red Bag" or "Welcome Bag" that is distributed to New Immigrants upon landing at Pearson International Airport.

From what I heard of the discussion, it suggested this was given out by a government agent there (CIC, Service Ontario/Canada, or similar) and contained resources with information on settling in Ontario. Much of the content is Toronto-based, and the panelists were Mayors and stakeholders in Northern Ontario and outside Toronto.

I found this site: https://welcomepackcanada.com/ with additional links.

Was anyone given something like this at Toronto or elsewhere on Landing?

Warm regards to you all and good luck with settling!

Andrew

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Dear Forum readers,

I've looked here and online for information on what I heard in a TV Ontario episode of The Agenda as a "Red Bag" or "Welcome Bag" that is distributed to New Immigrants upon landing at Pearson International Airport.

From what I heard of the discussion, it suggested this was given out by a government agent there (CIC, Service Ontario/Canada, or similar) and contained resources with information on settling in Ontario. Much of the content is Toronto-based, and the panelists were Mayors and stakeholders in Northern Ontario and outside Toronto.

Andrew
Yes. My husband had his landing at Pearson in May 2014 and he was given a red bag containing different books, brochures, information about settling in Ontario. Mind you we didn’t make use of anything as we just stayed in Toronto a week with my patents and headed to our final destination which was Calgary.

Reactions: AMScarry2019

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Dear Forum readers,

Andrew
Yes, I received a "Welcome" kit in November 2013 from there. My bag was black with a blue panel, however.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
We landed a week ago and got nothing. There are many pamphlets available in the service canada section

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Hello everyone, thanks for the answers so far. It seems they've stopped issuing them, or, its a factor of the time when people arrive. Its difficult to find a series of flights that bring us in before the evening.
If any of you are offering replies, would you also note the time and day of week you arrived in case its simply that the Service Canada office is closed? Many thanks. I'll keep monitoring for replies.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone, thanks for the answers so far. It seems they've stopped issuing them, or, its a factor of the time when people arrive. Its difficult to find a series of flights that bring us in before the evening.
If any of you are offering replies, would you also note the time and day of week you arrived in case its simply that the Service Canada office is closed? Many thanks. I'll keep monitoring for replies.
I landed mid afternoon and at that time, Service Canada didn't have a presence at Pearson. I was supplied by a stand-alone "new immigrant" assistant.