+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WEIRD SITUATION:(7months and my application is still in Mississauga)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi all of friends here,
i dont know if you still remember me,,,well,my wife who is Canadian from newfoundland,has sent our application to Mississauga in June 23th 2010,and after 2 months,she decided to call the call center and ask about it,and the agents couldn't tell her anything,because they couldn't see the application on their computers screens,she kept calling and calling,and we gave up for a month or more,and then my wife called them again last November 2010 and then they told her,the application is in process,the timeline in the CIC website is only around 34 to 40 days,i have checking it all the time,so sine November as i said,my wife gets the same answer,and then an agent who works in the immigration call center has told my wife to write a complaining letter and send it right to Mississauga CIC,well she just did it,and also she contacted her MP for the first time just yesterday,and she told him about what happened,he said,since it is in process now,then there is no problem,he can't do anything,he would intervene only if there is an issue,and now for him,he thinks,there is no issue,since the application is in process,but i think this MP doesn't know that the timeline that usually takes an application to get approved in Mississauga is between 30 to 40 days,and my application is in there since last June it's 7 months,so please i need you to tell me what else can we do,it is really hard to be apart,i love my wife so so so much,and i wanna be with her so bad,we are thinking of getting a lawyer,but my wife is getting ready to get here to Morocco to be with me for a month,for a visit,so if we wanna get a lawyer now,then she wont be able to fly to here,they lawyer is expensive as you know
i already appreciate you spending your time on reading my topic,,,,thank you all very much
Mohamed from morocco

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
There could be some security or other issues (financial, bankruptcy,etc) on your wife's side within or outside Canada that CPC-M needs to investigate before they go ahead and make a decision on the application.

Is there anything you know about her that may raise any of these concerns to CIC?

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
she has never been bankruptcy,and financially,she is good,she doesn't have a criminal record,she is really fine,,,she use to have her own business a few years ago ,and she closed it,i think that's why it's taking so long,if they are doing investigations on that,but her business was good and she closed it when she wanted to do so,,,
and i think that's why the MP should contact them and tell us,why it is taking so long

Dmitri

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Niagara,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
Sounds fishy.they woudnt bother investigating they would just reject the sponsorship.decision is made within a day.r u sure she sent it?and why did she wait so long. In process could also mean its in morocco.best is to check ecas.it would be tracked there if she sent it

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Is it possible to appeal somewhere in a situation like this? Or maybe resend the whole application?

This scares me....I have filled the papers in January and am waiting for a reply myself. I know it's early but I can imagine how terrible you feel. I hope it gets resolved for you.

sheila la

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18Aug14
Doc's Request.
11Oct14
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sponsorship Approval 13Jan15, file sent to Cairo
Med's Request
13Jan15
Med's Done....
14Feb15
Interview........
Not Expected as this is a child sponsorship
Maybe they just lost your file and after receiving a few calls, someone decided to finally look for it? Then when she submitted a complaint, the file was pulled for someone to investigate why it has taken so long. They may not want to indicate this to you so they don't look bad. Just a guess but could be a possibility.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
thank you all very much,,,all what you just said makes sense,,,but as i said before,i never get anything from the ambassy here in my country,morocco,and my wife still thinks it is in Mississauga,because she didnt get a letter yet,saying she got approved or no,,,and what really surprised me is the answer of the MP,he said,he can only get involved if there is an issue!!!!!!!!!and since they are saying it is in process,then it's fine,,,but we told the MP we are been waiting since june to hear something,it's almost 8 months,,,is n it an issue???!!!!lol
thank you very much

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
The in process you are talking about is it listed on e-cas under sponsorship approval or Permanent residence application status. If it is under the PR side that means that you have received sponsorship approval and they are now working on the PR part. Check e-cas and let me know

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
we can't check the e cas,,,the process im talking about is under the sponsorship approval,since we didn't get a letter from them telling us it is approved,,when my wife calls the immigration call center,they tell her the application is in process,,,,plus i didnt get a letter from the ambassy here in my country,,,

Dmitri

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Niagara,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2011
mississauga takes one day to approve so if its in process since november something is not right
and it doesnt matter ecas will still show "application received"

patiently_waiting

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 22, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
File Transfer...
November 1, 2010
Med's Done....
July 13, 2010
Passport Req..
February 14, 2011
gladiateur19 said:
thank you all very much,,,all what you just said makes sense,,,but as i said before,i never get anything from the ambassy here in my country,morocco,and my wife still thinks it is in Mississauga,because she didnt get a letter yet,saying she got approved or no,,,and what really surprised me is the answer of the MP,he said,he can only get involved if there is an issue!!!!!!!!!and since they are saying it is in process,then it's fine,,,but we told the MP we are been waiting since june to hear something,it's almost 8 months,,,is n it an issue???!!!!lol
thank you very much
Seriously go log into ecas, use the sponsor's informatoin and the receipt number from you payment of fees.. If you have read much on here you will know that the conversations had with the call centre can be misleading. Let us know what you come up with.

Cheers,

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
I JUST LOOKED UP AT E CAS,,,THERE IS NOTHING,IT JUST SAYS.THEY COULDNT IDENTIFY MY INFORMATIONS.WE CANT SEE ANYTHING IN IT
AND I SENT AN EMAIL LASTNIGHT TO THE AMBASSY HERE IN MOROCCO.THEY GOT BACK TO ME TODAY.THEY SAY.THEY DONT HAVE OUR FILE
PLEASE ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS.I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
I KNOW THIS ISNT NORMAL AT ALL
THANK YOU ALL
MOHAMED

garytheoiler

Jun 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec/13/10 App. Rec.........: Dec/15/10
AOR Received.
Feb/01/11
File Transfer...
Jan/17/11
Med's Done....
July/15/10
Passport Req..
April/14/11
VISA ISSUED...
May/17/11
LANDED..........
May/25/11
I think you might have to redo the whole application :(

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
why do i have to redo the all application,and they are saying to us,the application is in process???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: