+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird BC issue - pls help !

Prats

Sep 28, 2011

Hi,

I am facing a weird issue and need immediate advice. My name on my BC has a different spelling as compared to my passport.
The name on my BC cannot be changed as in India the law is after 15 years of age no changes can be made what soever unless the court orders.
I cannot change the PP as my marriage certi has that name on it. I have to provide my BC and my PP to the Canaddian govt within 20 days for SINP application.
I am in India, my wife in Canada filing SINP.

Please tell me what to do in this case to make the canadian goct understand and accept that both are same people and accept it. People say make an affidavit but noone is sure it would work. People say give in news papers and send them the cuttings but noone is sure it would work. Changing name through court will take 1.5 months and I dont have that time unfortunately. If I give my school certificate, they want in writing why not BC and I have to be true and I cant say I dont have one, when I do have.

PLS HELP ASAP !!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you do not have the time to change your name legally, you must write a cover letter yourself explaining the issue and hope that it is enough.

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
If they dont accept it, then what would happen ? would they reject the file or give me a chance to furnish the details again ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know but I think they would ask for further documents before flat out refusing.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Or, ask the local Canadian embassy if they would let you swear an affidavit in front of a consular officer there. If yes, ask what documents and proof you need to bring, and how to drat the letter in advance, to save them time while there.