+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We applied together and my daughter application still in process while mine got approved

PshowOG

Jan 4, 2024
Good afternoon, I applied for SOWP and my 5yrs old daughter applied for visitor’s visa. My application got approved 4days ago while my daughter’s application still pending. Pls do I need to send email to them or it’s normal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good afternoon, I applied for SOWP and my 5yrs old daughter applied for visitor’s visa. My application got approved 4days ago while my daughter’s application still pending. Pls do I need to send email to them or it’s normal
Applications do not have to be processed at the same time. Also if she is 5 she would be attending school so may be requested to apply for a study permit.

PshowOG

Jan 4, 2024
Yes she’s 5yrs and 2 months How do I request to apply for study permit for her… she was 4yrs and 11 months when we applied

PshowOG

Jan 4, 2024
From Nigeria, her application is written submitted on the profile. they have requested for my passport which I’m yet to send…

PshowOG

Jan 4, 2024
Thank you for the information. I’ll wait for her.
mill send my passport to the embassy and get mine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the information. I’ll wait for her.
mill send my passport to the embassy and get mine.
You should not wait for her application before you submit your passport. You should send your passport now and wait to hear about your child’s application. Each are processed individually and there is a deadline to submit your passport. As already noted your daughter should apply for a study permit at age 4 or older. Although technically children can apply forTRVs to accompany their parents who are studying and to attend school in Canada there has been a change in the past few years and many have been denied TRVs and been instructed reapply but for study permit. Some schools in Canada also ask for proof of the child’s study permit when you go to register your child for school.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Where are you applying from? You can start the study permit process online.
Under 6yrs old, Visitors record should be ok

The child may have either a visitor record or a study permit. The child who is already in Canada is authorized to study without a study permit if they have only the visitor record or a Canadian entry stamp on their passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Under 6yrs old, Visitors record should be ok

The child may have either a visitor record or a study permit. The child who is already in Canada is authorized to study without a study permit if they have only the visitor record or a Canadian entry stamp on their passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html
We have seen many examples where VOs are denying the TRVs over the past few years and telling the applicants to apply for a study permit. Also schools asking for proof of study permits. Much safer to apply for study permit from the start although technically a TRV should be good enough.