+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was X awarded a Canadian degre, diploma or certificate for this period of Study?

nmehra6613

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Was X awarded a Canadian degre, diploma or certificate for this period of Study?

I need help with the above question.

I have the program completion certificate for Canadian Masters Degree but the degree will be conferred in May 2017.

Can I select "Yes" option for the above question based on the program completion certificate that I have? The university may also issue the official final transcript at request. Anyone else on the same boat..? I spoke to the university legal person, and as per him, I can state Yes for the above question.

As of now, I have selected "Yes" option but I am not so sure... thanks guys...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, IRCC recognizes the program completion certificate, now. (In the past they didn't, so this is a positive change).

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017

I need help with the above question.

I have the program completion certificate for Canadian Masters Degree but the degree will be conferred in May 2017.

Can I select "Yes" option for the above question based on the program completion certificate that I have? The university may also issue the official final transcript at request. Anyone else on the same boat..? I spoke to the university legal person, and as per him, I can state Yes for the above question.

As of now, I have selected "Yes" option but I am not so sure... thanks guys...

Hi nmehra,

I have the same question... Can u plz advice on what have you chose or what happened later?

what did you chose for the question "Standing at the end of study period "... should I also chose degree, certificate awarded??

I think in good standing would contradict the answer as yes for your question?!