16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
BankingExpressE said:
Well, currently even the best of the best are being screwed over by the new system. I also disagree with the whole "hurting someone else in the process argument". If a PGWP holder gets a job because of superior skills or qualifications, then the economy is better off having that person get the job in my opinion. The issue for a lot of PGWP holders working professional jobs is actually getting a LMIA. Sure, if you look at the basic qualifications to do the job (degree in a certain field for example) lots of Canadians qualify, however, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will do a better or similar job compared to the PGWP holder who got the job because of superior skills in the first place.
They aren't interested in getting the best for the position. They want the best Canadian first, and if they can't have that, then the best foreigner.

After all the LMIAs are done, any excess capacity will be filled by the best-of-the-best. Those will be the 450+ EE scores (per their criteria).

If a PGWP holder gets a job because of superior skills or qualifications, then the economy is better off having that person get the job in my opinion.
The economy is, sure. The Canadian who lost the job is not. This isn't about the economy, this is about Canadian employers hiring Canadians before more foreigners are brought in.

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
I have been a student in this country and in total been here for 4 years + and spent way over a 100 grand for my education / housing / living etc. I have a skilled job and I very much enjoy working there, I don't have an LMIA and PNP. We all got work permits not guaranteed 1 way trip to Canada permit, everybody is in the same boat, rather than whining about your situation take steps to improve your score so you can succeed (LMIA, PNP, learn french). Just my two cents

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Yea they should put this "WARNING: STUDYING IN CANADA DOES NOT LEAD TO PR STATUS" in every pamphlets of educational programs that is distributed to prospective international students.

:-[

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mf4361 said:
Yea they should put this "WARNING: STUDYING IN CANADA DOES NOT LEAD TO PR STATUS" in every pamphlets of educational programs that is distributed to prospective international students.

:-[
There was a recommendation made recently along those lines.

The Study Permit is a temporary permit. Mine has only one condition - "Must Leave Canada by [Date] 2016". They require proof of funds, and ties back home. In the past, it was easier to stay, but it wasn't promised.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kateg said:
There was a recommendation made recently along those lines.

The Study Permit is a temporary permit. Mine has only one condition - "Must Leave Canada by [Date] 2016". They require proof of funds, and ties back home. In the past, it was easier to stay, but it wasn't promised.
But many people thinks otherwise. Worse, CIC advertised PGWP as a road towards PR thru CEC and educational institutes promote their programs 'eligible and recognized for PR'

And in no ways study permit comes with a promised of PR, nor it should be. But retaining Canadian-educated foreigners as immigrants has been around for some time and proven to be beneficial to the economy.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I'm not and never have been a student in Canada, I'm a CEC candidate, but I think it's insane how much EE damages the chances of people who studied in Canada getting PR. Why would you would you not want the students you've just educated in your country's own universities to stay on and contribute to your economy? So stupid

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Graduating from a Canadian educational institution does not entitle you to permanent residency, and every international student should know that. As a study permit applicant, you are required to provide sufficient proof that you will be returning home after your studies, and you must leave the country before your status document expires.

That being said, everyone under the CEC stream needs to calm down about points, timelines, LMIAs and PNs. There is so much panic going on right now over EE, and it's because the system isn't even 80 days old and there is no precedent to draw conclusions from. The EE was introduced in order to replace the "First come, first serve" model that governed the old system with a new ranking system that picks and offers the best candidate a "first crack" at immigration. There have been four draw from the EE pool as of today, and one of them was exclusive to CEC applicants. I have heard from many different resources that CEC applicants will have more privileges like this in comparison to the other two streams that enter the EE pool.

One thing to consider is that the CRS is not flawed at all, if anything it's very 'comprehensive' about the applicant's skill set *pun* Some people are making it sound like the government is handing out LMIAs and PNs like hot cakes to everyone but CEC applicants, that is not the case. Getting those immigration instruments is HARD. When I first calculated my CRS score I was devastated, I thought I would never get picked, but that's because I was underestimating my score and experience, and how it would compete with others under the CEC stream. I have graduated from a Canadian institution and have acquired 2 years of full-time, in-Canada working experience in NOC A. I have max scores on CELPIP, under 29 years of age and still my CRS score didn't crack the 450 mark. But once you start seeing the big picture, running scenarios, and researching the other two streams that enter the EE pool (FSW and FTP) I have concluded that I have a pretty good chance of getting an ITA through CEC, just have to wait and be patient. Considering of how the processing time for CEC was 13 months before EE was introduced, I have actually started to believe that applying through EE will be better and faster for me.

My advice is this: If you are and International Student considering coming to Canada, be warned that it's not a backdoor to PR status in Canada. To apply for permanent residence you must be found eligible under an immigration program; for international students, the Canadian Experience class is the way to go. But to become eligible for that, you must acquire solid, full-time work experience of at least one year in either NOC 0, A or B. Don't be fooled, finding a job isn't easy in the first place, and with a foreign last name, (more often than not) a foreign accent, and competing with eligible candidates that are actually Canadian, you got a tough road ahead. The second piece of advice I've got is to make sure you answer the "come to canada" tool correctly to be put in the CEC stream, and do that AS SOON as you are eligible and can back up what you are claiming on your EE profile.

Don't panic, and remember "it always looks impossible until it's done". Best of luck!

wsdlk

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
Graduating from a Canadian educational institution does not entitle you to permanent residency, and every international student should know that. As a study permit applicant, you are required to provide sufficient proof that you will be returning home after your studies, and you must leave the country before your status document expires.

That being said, everyone under the CEC stream needs to calm down about points, timelines, LMIAs and PNs. There is so much panic going on right now over EE, and it's because the system isn't even 80 days old and there is no precedent to draw conclusions from. The EE was introduced in order to replace the "First come, first serve" model that governed the old system with a new ranking system that picks and offers the best candidate a "first crack" at immigration. There have been four draw from the EE pool as of today, and one of them was exclusive to CEC applicants. I have heard from many different resources that CEC applicants will have more privileges like this in comparison to the other two streams that enter the EE pool.

One thing to consider is that the CRS is not flawed at all, if anything it's very 'comprehensive' about the applicant's skill set *pun* Some people are making it sound like the government is handing out LMIAs and PNs like hot cakes to everyone but CEC applicants, that is not the case. Getting those immigration instruments is HARD. When I first calculated my CRS score I was devastated, I thought I would never get picked, but that's because I was underestimating my score and experience, and how it would compete with others under the CEC stream. I have graduated from a Canadian institution and have acquired 2 years of full-time, in-Canada working experience in NOC A. I have max scores on CELPIP, under 29 years of age and still my CRS score didn't crack the 450 mark. But once you start seeing the big picture, running scenarios, and researching the other two streams that enter the EE pool (FSW and FTP) I have concluded that I have a pretty good chance of getting an ITA through CEC, just have to wait and be patient. Considering of how the processing time for CEC was 13 months before EE was introduced, I have actually started to believe that applying through EE will be better and faster for me.

My advice is this: If you are and International Student considering coming to Canada, be warned that it's not a backdoor to PR status in Canada. To apply for permanent residence you must be found eligible under an immigration program; for international students, the Canadian Experience class is the way to go. But to become eligible for that, you must acquire solid, full-time work experience of at least one year in either NOC 0, A or B. Don't be fooled, finding a job isn't easy in the first place, and with a foreign last name, (more often than not) a foreign accent, and competing with eligible candidates that are actually Canadian, you got a tough road ahead. The second piece of advice I've got is to make sure you answer the "come to canada" tool correctly to be put in the CEC stream, and do that AS SOON as you are eligible and can back up what you are claiming on your EE profile.

Don't panic, and remember "it always looks impossible until it's done". Best of luck!

Well said buddy. My only complaint is that this system is supposed to be perfectly mature and functional before release because of the dollars spent by the gov and the immigration hope we have longed for. In my case, I had a 6 contract job before getting this permanent one which makes me ineligible to gain points in the new system. Is continuous one year considered superior than 2 separate ones? What used to work under CEC got screwed here. Finger crossed this flawed system gets better. All will work out.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
80 days is a significant amount of time when people's visas are expiring on a daily basis. Leaving a job and the country so you can return home and sit around waiting for an ITA can have an enormous impact on people's lives and relationships. Maybe the new system will get better in the months and years to come but the constant defending of CIC by people on this site is bemusing - they are an inept organization and deserve all the criticism levelled at them

wsdlk

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many visas are expiring and international students simply cant afford the time. Just stick to the old CEC if the functionality is not guaranteed in the new system.

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
No Offence but one should understand the situation of international students how hard it is to survive in a canada. I am not saying that all the international students should get job but my point if you are deserving you will get job should not matter if you are canadian or international students.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princedaku said:
pls take it in a positive way my answer.
i agree with you. it has to be earned but
why canadian misinters and politicians go out in the media and says we want to retain international graduates who have degrees and skills who can contributes in the canadian economy.
internatiomnal studenst work hard and pay same taxes as canadian but when it comes to earn some privlegae like permanent residency don;t you think it is fair to put them on side and attract immigrants from other countries who never been to canada and dont know canadian work culture and have no experience, rather than picking up those people who are well incorported in canadian enviorment.
think twice pls

you should think thrice
wow you're rants are selfish and self serving.
this thread is absurd seriously.

instead of whining like a baby, you should be thankful you have had the luxury of being educated in canada and being able to work there.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamTheWalrus said:
I have been a student in this country and in total been here for 4 years + and spent way over a 100 grand for my education / housing / living etc. I have a skilled job and I very much enjoy working there, I don't have an LMIA and PNP. We all got work permits not guaranteed 1 way trip to Canada permit, everybody is in the same boat, rather than whining about your situation take steps to improve your score so you can succeed (LMIA, PNP, learn french). Just my two cents
exactly my thoughts. this loser have had the luxury to be educated in a first world country and instead of being thankful
he rants and cries.. ye she did spend insane dollars to study but wasnt he able to work on the side as well.

what an ingrate. i dont think canada would want a whiner like him .

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:

+1 to you my brother. you posted a novel but you are 100% correct.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
fpnc2983 said:
exactly my thoughts. this loser have had the luxury to be educated in a first world country and instead of being thankful
he rants and cries.. ye she did spend insane dollars to study but wasnt he able to work on the side as well.
what an ingrate. i dont think canada would want a whiner like him .
Luxury? What luxury? It is hard work to study here. Intnl students dont get unemployment aid or 0% education loan like Citizens/PRs. We pay heavy fees. It is not luxury by any means. It is hard work and hard earned money that goes into Canadian economy.