+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to understand how PNPs work for Canada immigration

indrashishb

Apr 21, 2020
Hi Experts,
I am new to this forum and I am an aspiring candidate for Canada immigration. I have taken below steps already but I am not getting expected results. Let me share the details below,

Initially I opted for CRS route and accordingly I arranged for ECA, gave IELTS and created a profile in EE Pool in cic.gc.ca. My score came as 321 in CRS. Since it was on a lower side (because of multiple factors), I did not get any results out of it.

Then, I explored the options in PNP and started exploring eligibility options at different provinces. I found Ontario PNP as suitable one for me as I was also eligible on a 100 point scale. I applied for OINP and also found that NOC codes they were encouraging are matching with my experience. But till date I did not get NOI from Ontario. Now I would like to know details of PNPs and their details on the selection criteria, intake etc. I was checking few blogs where recently I have seen that for some PNPs, provinces have issued NOIs to candidates and with 600 additional points candidates have got 800/900 points in CRS and eventually got ITA. Now my next query is on this part. If CRS score for selected candidates with province's 600 points, then the candidates must have 200 or 300 original CRS score. My CRS score is higher than these but I am not getting NOI from any provinces. Is there any specific things I am missing or get directions from experts in this forum?

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,

Canada often conducts draw on frequent basis to invite large number of skilled and competent individuals. As per current scenario, it invites skilled applicants with a minimum 455 CRS score under Canadian Experience class (CEC). Thus, with 321 CRS score, you have fewer chances to get a permanent residence for Canada. So, you can either improve your scores or you can go for Provincial nominee program.

In order to apply in PNP, there are different pre requisites for each province. Recently, Alberta gives priority to those applicants who score at least 353 CRS score. As you have fewer score, you can apply in Saskatchewan PNP under which you need to score 60 provincial point grid. The points will be evaluated on the basis of various factors such as education, age, work experience, language proficiency and additional factors. The processing time for each province is minimum 6 months. Further, it may vary application to application.

You are right, PNP will provide you additional 600 points if you get nomination from particular province. But, to get nomination, first you need to satisfy its points test. To complete process, you must also provide relevant documents. If you want to get more information, you can refer any reliable immigration consultancy which will help you throughout the process.

Wishing, you All the Best!