+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have reference letters from your previous jobs? It can help when you are looking for a job.

Nope, well, I do, it was typed by her at time of submitting my application to Bunac. So I could change the date, and text the supervisor who did it and tell her and then she'll sign it for me, but if it's not required then I probably won't.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to change the date on it. Just take it along. It will be nice to have if you apply for a job and somebody asks you what kind of experience you have.

Alright thanks. My tickets to Canada are sorted, and my mum is letting me use her credit card to order my ticket to Halifax with Air Canada tomorrow, only getting a one way ticket to Halifax though, as you've told me before, I only need proof of a return to U.K.

Bunac emailed me on Thursday saying they will process everything, so I should have it all sorted this week, ready to go the week after.

Thanks Leon.

Hey Leon, when I order tickets with Air Canada, do I need to have the credit card I am paying with, at the airport?

As when I have ordered my tickets with British Airways, I have to have my debit card with me at the airport to show at the desk and stuff.

Also, I am able to order the tickets with my mum's card, yeah? They aren't going to complain that my name doesn't match the cardholder's name?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I don't think you will need the credit card at all, just the ticket. The credit card is already charged through their website.

I really should modify my messages more often.

Leon, when ordering the tickets and I have filled in my name and everything, and I go the payment page.

When it asks for billing address there, I assume I need to put in my mum's name, but because my name is already in the boxes, if I change this, will it change the name's I put in previously, as the ticket's are for me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When it asks you to fill out the credit card info, put your mom's info. It will not change the name on the ticket.

Alright, I just wasn't sure, as it already says my name in the boxes. I put my mum's name in the cardholder's box, but didn't know whether I was alright to change the name in the billing address box.

As there is a name for cardholder, then a name for address, so I'm safe to change the name in address box, even though my name is already there, yeah?

Ok, also, if I need proof or funds, it's 500 dollars I need, yeah?

And I just need to show that I have enough to support me, whether it be bank statements etc... they ain't gonna check my card?

My mum is saying I need to have £500 in my account or I can't travel, which I am sure she is just saying as she doesn't want me to leave.

Basically all set to go now, got around $650, but I'll be paid from my previous job while over there anyway.

I didn't order a birth certificate, but it says on the site I can order overseas, so I'll just order one while there.

Passport and everything is here too ... so that should be everything ... I hope.