+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Canada

Ok, I'm ready to send everything to Bunac, it says:

# Proof of your return-trip ticket (either a photocopy of the ticket or the flight itinerary showing your name and dates of travel). Your flight proof must show that you have paid for your flights in full and that the return flight leaves from North America
# Your completed BUNAC Travel Planner Booking Form with the appropriate 'independent travel' section completed
# Insurance payment (or evidence of alternative insurance policy as agreed with BUNAC)

I have filled in the forms and I am taking Bunac's insurance policy, however, on my itinerary, it doesn't show that I have paid for my flights in full, however there is a section under that though that says 'payment information' is it safe to send that part. It says:

Ticket Number (s)
Card Type
Card Number

etc...

so it shows the proof of payment, or is there something else I should send?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't want to send Bunac your credit card info, you can black out (parts of) the number before you send them a copy.

They will be getting the information anyway, as I will be putting it down on the insurance form, since I will be taking insurance with them, part of the number is already blacked out anyway, except last 4 numbers.

So I just need to send them the completed form, with independant flight information/Bunac insurance section filled out, my flight itinerary and the little section with payment details (it doesn't matter that this section isn't attached to the itinerary, just aslong as they get the required information, yeah?)

That all right?

They said it takes around a week to process, I will email them it tonight, as I am leaving in 2 weeks, so hopefully that's everything I need right there.

When filling in this form by Bunac, and taking their insurance, there is a box that says 'premium £'

do I just put in that box the price from their site with the days of cover I have chosen? On the site it says 'Period (Days)' and then 'Work Abroad' so for 338 - 366 days, it is £435.55 .. so in the premium box do I just put £435.55? ... or is that for something else? =/

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hard to say without seeing the form. Maybe you should call them tomorrow and ask. Sounds like it would be the premium you want, the total amount.

All done now, emailed them (since they said I can send it this way) ... and attached a file with everything in it, including the written/signed form I scanned to computer, so hopefully everything will be alright now.

The only reason I thought it was weird about emailing is because I had to print out the form, fill it in and sign in, and then rescan it back to the computer.

Leon, is a birth certificate actually needed for me to get married?

Some sites I have read that I need one, and others say that I don't, we just need I.D. such as a passport.

If it is needed, I'll apply tomorrow or Sunday and on the premium service so I get it in time, but if not then alright, and is anything else needed aside from the birth certificate, if that is actually needed too.

Also, on the Home Office site, it says certificates can be sent overseas, so I'm sure I could apply while in Canada if I had to.

Ok thanks, that everything I need?

Also, what else will I need when I leave? I got my documents and my stuff from bunac has been sent to me so I should have that this week. I'll obtain a birth certificiate this week. So apart from the basics, money/clothes etc... I need anything else?