+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to marry a pr status wife

ajayjay

Sep 11, 2013
sir my gf is pr holder in canada shes got pr status of canada through family pr basis..now we both want to marry each other but the problem is shes cannot leave canada because of the 730 days issue..so howcome we resolve this issue we want to get married next year..whats are the steps we have to take to solve this ..im risiding here in india..will she sponcer me to get me in to canada what are the chances of visa n wats papers does i need to satisfy the visa application...or whats are the other ways to my problem kindly help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to get a visitor visa from your local Canadian consulate or visa application centre. When you got the visa, you can plan the marriage in Canada. For more details:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/visit-visite.aspx

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajayjay said:
sir my gf is pr holder in canada shes got pr status of canada through family pr basis..now we both want to marry each other but the problem is shes cannot leave canada because of the 730 days issue..so howcome we resolve this issue we want to get married next year..whats are the steps we have to take to solve this ..im risiding here in india..will she sponcer me to get me in to canada what are the chances of visa n wats papers does i need to satisfy the visa application...or whats are the other ways to my problem kindly help
1. There are 2 issues here one being 'getting married' the other 'being sponsored'. When you say there are issues with the 730 days what do you mean? What Month/Year did she land in Canada? How many days has she been absent from Canada in the last 5 years from say Oct 2013 back?

2. Your chances of getting a visitor visa to Canada depend on you convincing the visa post you will be returning home after your visit. Any mention or suspicion of 'marriage' is a red flag that you will not be returning home!

ajayjay

Sep 11, 2013
sir,she returned to canada on july 2013...shes has more than 2 n half year to maintain her pr status so that she cannot leave canada before the completion of 730 days..pls guide me what we have to do now...

ajayjay

Sep 11, 2013
wot r the best way should i go for the student visa or i go for sponcership visa.....or else thier is a another way out

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajayjay said:
sir,she returned to canada on july 2013...shes has more than 2 n half year to maintain her pr status so that she cannot leave canada before the completion of 730 days..pls guide me what we have to do now...
The questions here would be:

1. When did she land as a PR (date)?

2. If she landed less then 5 years ago, how many days has she been outside Canada since she got her PR?

or

If she landed more than 5 years ago, how many days has she been outside Canada in the past 5 years?

From your reply above, I am guessing that you are trying to say that she still has 2.5 years left before her PR anniversary and must have 730 days in Canada before then. If this is true, then I see no reason why she can't leave Canada at the moment. 730 days is 2 years and if she still has 2.5 years left to meet the RO, she would have no problem leaving and coming back and still have enough time to meet the RO.

However, if she has spent 3 years outside Canada already since getting her PR or in the past 5 years, then she is right that she would have to stay in Canada for now in order to meet her 730 days. If that is the case, you can try applying for a visit visa but in case it is not granted, you will have to be apart until she has completed her 730 days and renewed her PR card.

ajayjay

Sep 11, 2013
yeah leon ur right she spent 3 years outside canada thats y we cant take the risk of leaving canada right now...can u suggest me another way out ...wot would i do ..will i go fr visitor visa or i go fr student visa ...or my gf should sponcer me ...or else any another way u know better pls help..n thanzz a lot for the post

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can't sponsor you unless you can prove you had been in a common law relationship for at least one year. Otherwise, visitor visa / student visa would be your option. You can also immigrate to Canada by yourself if you are eligible.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
ajayjay,

Forget about Sponsorship visa from your GF (even if she becomes your wife some how) at the moment otherwise she would lose her own PR status, if she applied for your sponsorship. Any other option depends on your age & qualification/ eligibility.

Your GF/ wife must not apply for your sponsorship before she achieve 730 days/ 5 yrs requirement, otherwise investigation against her RO would start.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajayjay said:
Msafiri pls help me wth this
Help me help you by giving us her landing date else we'll be speculating as to when/if the sponsorship will be viable. As a side issue you appear desperate to get to Canada and this can lead to poor decision making. Depending on your age, education, work experience etc there are other routes to PR status that may be an option in the interim.