+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to land at inland cic office, however PGWP EXPIRING SOON

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I have received my passport request from Ottawa and have sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa, it was received on June 20th. Waiting for passport and COPR. I really want to avoid doing flagpolling since I do not have a US visa. I would prefer doing inland landing. I live in Toronto. The issue is that my PGWP expires on August 7th, 2017. I have heard that CIC inland office sometimes takes 3 weeks to book appointment. What options do I have? Should I apply for BOWP? Would the PR visa issued to me mean that I now have status till its expiry? Please do offer some solutions.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If your visa expires, or the PGWP expires August 7, you will have 90 days to get your new status, apply for an extension or exit the country.

However, as soon as your existing visa expires, you will need to stop doing all activities associated with it, like work or education. Within 90 days, you can then do your landing.

SEE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

You do not need US visa to do flag poling.

bKamal24

Jan 3, 2017
Hi,
I went to "Niagara Rainbow bridge" for landing on 28 June 2017. Canadian border officials said they are not doing landing process any more as there are lot of applicaitons which is too much to handle. They asked to book an appointment with CIC to do this landing locally (inland).
CIC agent gave me 2 weeks time to give me an appointment date. Not sure how long or when will the appointment be?

Do I have other options for landing other than "Rainbow Bridge" Niagara? I live in Toronto.

I have a valid work permit till Feb 2018.

Any suggestions or precautions would be apprecitated.

Thanks,
BK

bKamal24

Jan 3, 2017
Hi,
I went to "Niagara Rainbow bridge" for landing on 28 June 2017. Canadian border officials said they are not doing landing process any more as there are lot of applicaitons which is too much to handle. They asked to book an appointment with CIC to do this landing locally (inland).
CIC agent gave me 2 weeks time to give me an appointment date. Not sure how long or when will the appointment be?

Do I have other options for landing other than "Rainbow Bridge" Niagara? I live in Toronto.

I have a valid work permit till Feb 2018.

Any suggestions or precautions would be apprecitated.

Thanks,
BK