+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to invite sister to visit - PR expired please help

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hi Everyobe
I need your expert opinion please help .
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and living in Canada. Right now I am inviting my sister to apply for her visitor visa by sending her an invitation letter. I understand that I need to show proof of my permanent resident status. However, my PR card has expired ; can I use IMM 5292 , the confirmation of permanent residence as a proof? If not, what other documents may I use other than a photocopy of my PR card?

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
according to my experience of help relatives apply visitor visa, the PR card is not must to show materials, just a letter to explain your status is enough.

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
according to my experience of help relatives apply visitor visa, the PR card is not must to show materials, just a letter to explain your status is enough.
Thank you for replying . I thinkingvto add some more supportive document with my expired PR card.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Bank statements showing transactions in Canada, utility bills, membership in local organizations, a drivers license......things like that work as well.

Reactions: Mahreesha

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Bank statements showing transactions in Canada, utility bills, membership in local organizations, a drivers license......things like that work as well.
Thank you . I hope my expired PR card will not weaken her case if I will attach all these supporting documents .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No requirement for a valid PR card for anything other than travel and the occasional provincial service. A copy of your passport pages with entry/exit to Canada as well.

Reactions: Mahreesha

Mahreesha

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
No requirement for a valid PR card for anything other than travel and the occasional provincial service. A copy of your passport pages with entry/exit to Canada as well.
Thank you . Your guidelines give me much relief . Thank you so much .

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
Hi Everyobe
I need your expert opinion please help .
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and living in Canada. Right now I am inviting my sister to apply for her visitor visa by sending her an invitation letter. I understand that I need to show proof of my permanent resident status. However, my PR card has expired ; can I use IMM 5292 , the confirmation of permanent residence as a proof? If not, what other documents may I use other than a photocopy of my PR card?
Hi ,i am at the same situation,did the expired pr card give you any problems with the application?