+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to go back to Canada. please help!!

rajughosh

Mar 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18,2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Everybody
First I want to take the opportunity to thank everybody on this forum for attending to the worries of so many people. You people are great. I have been following this forum regularly for quite some time now.

My story in short:
  • I got my PR and landed on 2001 Feb at Vancouver before appearing in the final sem of my Masters Degree
  • Got my SIN and BC health card. Shifted to TORONTO on April 2001 did not apply for OHIP since as per rule there has to be a 5 months gap.
  • Worked with 2/3 companies for the next 6months on contract and direct. But mostly survival jobs you may say. By proffession I am a computer programmer/system analyst.
  • Left Canada to appear in the final exam of my MCA right after 9/11.
  • As I came to India I found that my wife has left our home and was asking for a divorce. She was included in my PR application, I also applied for her visa before I left Canada. We had no child.
  • So I gave the exam, got a job, but could not stop the divorce. So within one year in 2002, I got divorced. After this I had a setback I lost interest in most activities I simply let the days pass by. My desire to have a nice life with my wife in Canada was completely lost. Not very sure of what I wanted, I continued my stay in India for years to come.
  • Note that after I spent 2 years I knew that I cannot return unless I reapply completly for PR, and also I did not have enough funds, since I had to help my father with most of my savings.
  • I became aware of the humanitarian & compassionate grounds only recently from a mail communication with the ND CHC

Now, for the last 5+ yrs I have remarried and have a child of 4+yrs. As I did not know about the H & C, we have already sent our application [fresh] with my wife as the principle applicant under 1122. I enquired ND CHC regarding Birth Cert, but instead they told me that I should apply under H & C for a travel permit. My new application will not be considered as I am having a landing doc from 2001. So I am looking for your advice as to how I should file my application. On what point should I stress. What are the chances of getting a permission to go back permanently, in this way.

I did file my tax return before I left in 2001. But I cannot find that doc. but I am sure they will have some record.
>>>>
>
>
>

rajughosh

Mar 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18,2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Experts

Do you know how long does it take by the CIC to process usch cases of reviewing PR status and consider issuing a travel document if the review is positive on H & C grounds?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajughosh said:
Hello Experts

Do you know how long does it take by the CIC to process usch cases of reviewing PR status and consider issuing a travel document if the review is positive on H & C grounds?
Every case is different.

rajughosh

Mar 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18,2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks Baloo

For your response.

It seems that our new application [wife principle applicant 1122] will have problem because I have this old landing record. I understand that I have to send this application for review ASAP.

Have you seen such old cases getting success?
What are the points to stress?
I am a IT worker - will that be a problem during review? since IT is not needed anymore.