+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

want to go back to canada again on the basis of PR.

Zen83

Sep 22, 2014
Hi,i got my PR status in Feb 2011, after that i lived in Canada for about 40 days then i came back to my origin,in between that i got separated from my spouse and had a very tough time with my son,now things are settled n im living alone with my son, and he is also a PR of canada,but now i have passed the residency obligations bcz im out of Canada from more than three years,pls help me how can i go back to Canada as still i have a valid PR card which expires in Feb 2016.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to return, you could simply try to enter and see if they report you for not meeting the RO. If they do, you can appeal it but unless you have humanitarian grounds for staying outside so long, you would have a problem winning an appeal. However, if they don't report you, you can put your PR status back in good standing by staying in Canada for 2 years straight and not attempt to renew your PR card in the meantime.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Zen83
You have very good chance not to be reported, as per the experience most people shared very much similar to your case, in my opinion you have 80% to 90% chance you will not be reported if you fly back by end of September/ October. Based on questioning at POE, you just have to be very humble, polite and apologetic in front of CBSA officer and promised to him that you are moving to Canada for ever with no intention of travelling back in next two - three years.

Nevertheless, if you have a bad day and encountered a tough CBSA officer, is your luck. As a plan "B" you can bring some doctors reports stating that due to relationship problems you were going through some physiological treatment and hence didn't manage to travel in time to Canada (I assumed this what you are saying in your post). During the appeal hearings yours Doctor's report may be help to you to gain some sympathies of the judge and may be decision come in your favor, other than that if you are reported and you appeal in one month you will have hearing in about 1 to 1/2 year, if you remain in Canada and able to secure some job than you would have your ties that might convince the Judge that you have potential to settle yourself and judge to let you go.

Zen83

Sep 22, 2014
Thanx Leon for a prompt reply...
One more question i want to ask as my divorce case is still going on in my country so as a proof can i show the documents related to that