+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply for Sep 2013..plz give suggestions

vivek_darry

Jan 3, 2013
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am willing to apply for Sep 2013 intake for Canada. I have done my B.Sc. (Computer Technology) and my academic scores are:

10th - 80.5%
12th - 70.20%
B.Sc (CT)-65%

I am planning to take IELTS test by march.

I have a total work experience of 7 years. Most of my experience is relating to KPO industry (Non IT).

I am not willing to go into any technical course relating to computer science.

Kindly suggest me some universities suiting my requirements asap as the deadlines are near.

My consultant suggesting me to take Business related programs. Is that correct?

Kindly help me out with the following:

1) Province - ?
2) Universities/Colleges - ?
3) Course - ?
4) 1 year / 2 year - ?

Thanks
Vivek

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monika Singh said:
hi

you have a nice profile in terms of Canada education and job market.
kindly get in touch with me at singh.monika.aditya @ gmail.com

thanks
Monika singh
Why don't you help him here itself? because thousands other members will be able to view your suggestions and can take benefit from the same.

SD1234

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagle89 said:
Why don't you help him here itself? because thousands other members will be able to view your suggestions and can take benefit from the same.
yea u r right other pple also got helped by the discussions in thread

M

Monika Singh

hi all,

lolzzz..ok I help him here...but not able to understand that from the solution to his problem...how u guys will get help...:)

anyhow...he has a good academic profile. good work experience...in case he has given GMAT it will again brighten his prospects of getting into a good MBA program.
Also in case not very keen on GMAT then look for Thompson River University's MBA or Royal Roads University Master of Global Management..

I need to know from his end that what exactly he is looking for in Canada in terms of education.

I would strongly recommend him to go for MBA.

I hope you guys have answer to your queries as well....

in case want more information...get in touch at singh.monika.aditya@gmail.com....cheers.. :)

Monika Singh

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
Monika are you currently residing in Canada and what course did you take. I would like to take help from you please check email for details,Thanks
[
quote author=Monika Singh link=topic=129963.msg1993148#msg1993148 date=1357751858]
hi all,

lolzzz..ok I help him here...but not able to understand that from the solution to his problem...how u guys will get help...:)

anyhow...he has a good academic profile. good work experience...in case he has given GMAT it will again brighten his prospects of getting into a good MBA program.
Also in case not very keen on GMAT then look for Thompson River University's MBA or Royal Roads University Master of Global Management..

I need to know from his end that what exactly he is looking for in Canada in terms of education.

in case want more information...get in touch at singh.monika.aditya @ gmail.com....cheers.. :)

Monika Singh
[/quote]

yasir224

Apr 25, 2012
HELLO FRIENDS! Once I was also a candidate for Study Permit from Pakistan. This forum has really helped me to prepare my application and update my knowledge. So I thought to share my experience, which may help someone to take appropriate decision.

My Profile:
BBA & MBA from Pakistan (average grades around 75%)
3.5 yrs job experience at a commercial bank
with no gap between my studies & job

Course & Institution:
George Brown College, Toronto (Intake JAN 2013)
1-year Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (with co-op)

Financials:
Account Maintenance/Balance Certificate from Bank
I have showed my personal bank statement of 6-months of CAD$ 30,000 = PKR 3.000 Million (nothing else like property documents or certificate of deposit or sponsorship letter)
TIP: Minimum bank statement must be equivalent to your FULL FEES + 1-YR LIVING EXPENSEs ($12,000) + $2000 (OTHERS/RETURN TICKET)

Study Permit/Visa Application:
My classes were from 07-JAN 2013 so I filed my application on 15 September 2012
Got Medical Call on 24 October 2012
Medical Done/Passport resend to Embassy on 01 November 2012
Visa/Passport received on 18 December 2012
16 months visa has been issued

Documents Submitted:
SOP (Statement of Purpose defining your background, experience & goals) not officially required by embassy (Optional document)
Original + Attested copy, All educational documents (certificate + transcript)
Original + Attested copy, Proof of current and previous employment (Preferably with Job Description/Reporting Line on letter head)
Original + Attested copy, Police Certificate
Original + Attested copy, Letter of Acceptance from College (Un-Conditional)
Proof of Fees Payment (Invoice + Draft Copy)
Original + Attested copy, IELTS Certificate

Be confident if your case is genuine you will definitely get the visa, don’t try to do any manipulation in any documents, must keep three months time for visa and make strong financials docs. Some people think if they are applying in Ontario may not get visa due to huge population of Immigrants in the province or applying to college as compare to university have rare chance of visa, but that’s not the fact.

AFTER YOU REACH CANADA:
Text Books Cost $500-700 depending on your course, you will be lucky to find used text books at half price from previous students or online classifieds
You must have at least 4-5months living expenses (Around $4000)
Not officially allowed to work part-time for initial six months (Except On-Campus which is very rare)
You can get on-cash job (un-official) through personal references only at with low wage rate
Don’t expect to make good amount of money (specially to support your tuition fees) in initial six months all depends on your luck
In first month you will definitely have some extra expenses because you are new there and don’t have anything from grocery, snow shoes, blanket/mattress, etc be prepared for it
Single room rent in a shared accommodation is from $350-$600
Must pay at least 1month advance rent and 1month deposit to get accommodation
Monthly Travelling Cost $130-150, Meals $200-300, Min.Mobile Charges $25-30, Other Exp. $50-100
Don’t spend too much money for buying winter clothes from Pakistan, because you must buy them from Canada to match the weather conditions.

BEST OF LUCK

vivek_darry

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the swift response! Guys :)

I finally decided to 3 post grad programs(2 Yr) that will suit me...

1) Humber College - Global Business Management
The Business School
Program Code: 20841
Type: Ontario Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Campus: Lakeshore
Length: Four semesters, beginning in September, January and May
Toronto

2) Centennial College - Global Business Management
Program code: 2880
School: School of Business
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
Program Length: 2 years/ 4 semesters
Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer

3) Lakeland College - Business Management Post Graduate Certificate
Program Code: BMGS
Credential Type: Post Graduate Certificate
Length: Two Year (4 Semesters)
Intake(s): January 2013, September 2013
Intake Status: Open for General Stream
Program Maps: Fall 2013
Winter 2013
Lakeland College
2602 - 59 Avenue
Lloydminster, Saskatchewan

As from my research, I came to know that If you do a post graduate in any of the Sask univ/college and work for 6 months(full time) in any related field u are eligible for PR....Same way if u plan to settle down in Sask u are also eligible for Graduate Retention Program...

Is my understanding correct....

Guys please suggest am I going in the right direction....

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monika Singh said:
hi all,

in case want more information...get in touch at singh.monika.aditya @ gmail.com....cheers.. :)

Monika Singh
You are nice person.

vivek_darry

Jan 3, 2013
@Nandini

Graduate Retention Program (GRP)
What is the Graduate Retention Program?
Saskatchewan is thriving and opportunities for graduates have never been brighter. The Graduate Retention Program rewards you for building your future in Saskatchewan by providing a rebate up to $20,000 of tuition fees paid by eligible graduates who live in Saskatchewan and who file a Saskatchewan income tax return.
The Graduate Retention Program became effective January 1, 2008.
The program has been expanded to include graduates from across the country and beyond who pursue their careers in Saskatchewan!
From 2000-2007, the Government of Saskatchewan had two previous graduate tax benefit programs for graduates from post-secondary programs.
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible if:
you graduated from an approved program after January 1, 2006;
you already live in Saskatchewan; or
you are moving to Saskatchewan.
An approved program must:
be equivalent to at least six months of full-time study at an eligible institution;
result in a certificate, diploma, or undergraduate degree; or,
provide journeypersons certification.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks Yasir for your valuable experience and sharing details. Can you please email me your SOP at : ayaz_b85@hotmail.com

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
You have to show the bank statement after paying the fees or before it and can it be possible that I show my cousin in Canada paid the fee for me and I will return him when I get there or something ??
Please share your experience Yasir or anyone what did you do??

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
ayaz123 said:
You have to show the bank statement after paying the fees or before it and can it be possible that I show my cousin in Canada paid the fee for me and I will return him when I get there or something ??
Please share your experience Yasir or anyone what did you do??

If your are showing after paying your tution fees then U have to proof of fee submission with the bank statement.
You can also show you statements before paying the tution fees.

To me, if u have relatives in canada it might convey the message that you do not have strong ties with your country.
I think you shouldn't mention about your cousin.
Others might advise u some better suggestion :)

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
hi
i am planning to do a hospitality course from royal roads victoria or a college in vancouver.

i intend to start in the spring intake

what is the average student cost of living in vancouver and victoria?

what is the scope for ODD job opportunities for indian students at cafes, factories, farms and other minimum wages jobs? Do these cities have ample or few job opportunities?

Please help me with this problem, Because it is already late, i want to start my admission process as soon as possible .